Server question

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Killhippie, Oct 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Killhippie

Killhippie Registered Member

Sorry if this has been brought up before somewhere before, but looking in my nod server list i have entries D:\nod_upd\ then one with E, etc going to i this is a reinstall but i dont remember seeing them before, can anyone help are these normal o_O I also have all the normal Nod servers just not sure what these other entries are, sorry if i am asking a really dumb question.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  2. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Yeah, those are right. They are there in case you want to update the definitions from a CD or a floppy.

3. Killhippie

Killhippie Registered Member

Cheers, having spent far to many hours on a rebuild i was starting to wonder. I thought you could only update via the net or are they used if someone is using the server edition to push defs to other versions? :blink: well thanks for the reply and i can rest easy now no more reinstalling for me tonight :D

4. alglove

alglove Registered Member

Yes. If you have the Administrator (LAN Update Server) version of NOD32, you can go into the advanced options of the Mirror section to manually create floppies or CDs with the update definitions. The floppies or CDs can then be manually loaded at the client using the D:\nod_upd\ option.

Now go to bed and get some sleep (or watch TV or something)! :p ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.