Server Protection?

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by hutchingsp, Mar 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutchingsp

hutchingsp Registered Member

I've not been here for a few months and it's quite likely I've overlooked some new options or missed developments with existing products so here goes...

We have a bunch of servers, nearly all Windows 2003, and as with most servers they spend their life sitting at a ctrl-alt-del prompt with very little interactive use.

I don't especially want to install traditional antivirus on them, and I do manually run stand-alone scanners once every week or so, but it'd be nice to have "something" that could run on them that wouldn't have the overhead of antivirus, but that would alert to any changes such as some remote exploit (compromised desktop vs. truly external) that managed to exploit something.

Question is, what could the "something" be?

I like the look/sound and especially price of Prevx, but apparently it only deals with "interactive" threats and can't monitor/block/notify beyond notifying the logged on user (which there isn't).

Appranger is too expensive.

Any other suggestions?

2. jmonge

jmonge Registered Member

i bet if you send appranger developer an email and ask for a promotional first time customer discount you'll end up happy:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.