server install to users who are offsite

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by ksenter, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ksenter

ksenter Registered Member

Hey,

I'm taking over for my company's previous network admin. He purchased a 100 user license of Nod32. We have an employee in another state and I need to install an antivirus on his laptop. I thought I could use the 100 user license (since we have 44 remaining according to the server), but I can't find anything in the documentation about how to install the antivirus on an offsite laptop. All of the instructions I see appear to require the user to be on the same network as the server. We don't allow users to connect to our network via VPN or anything like that, so is there any way to get the client installed on an offsite user? I had him install the ESET client manually but I need someway to license him. What am I missing?

Thanks.

2. Mister Natural

Mister Natural Registered Member

If you use RA console and server you can create an executable with a custom xml configuration file. Or create a file called cfg.xml and place it in the same directory where the nod installer resides, then execute the installer. Refer to the manuals in the download page.
    Another option is to export the NOD registry keys from another machine that has the username/password and import the key into the laptop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.