Server connection failure

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Willowynd, Jul 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willowynd

Willowynd Registered Member

I just uninstalled AVG after reading how inept it was and installed NOD32. Set up seemed easy enough and liked the option of being able to choose more options than are available in AVG. After installing I attempted to update it, but I keep getting "Server connection failure" errors. Are updates unavailable for the trial? Also, I did click on upgrade to full version and I get the same message, so I guess I will never be able to upgrade anyways- unless it is the same issue that is causing update problems? I am on a sattellite connection (only been on it for a few weeks so not clear on what is involved with it yet) which I beleive would be a LAN (correct me if I am wrong), windows XP SP2, IE 6.
    I really wanted an AV that would protect well, was easy to configure and then able to be forgetten unless I encounter a virus (which I then expect it to handle it with a couple of clicks). I do not want to have to be constanly fiddling with it or having to turn it off because of conflicts. If I wanted that, I would go with Norton or MacAffee. Is NOD32 what I am after or should I look elsewhere? Can someone advise?

2. covaro

covaro Registered Member

NOD32 trials are FULLY functional for 30 days (updates and everything)... so we just need to try and figure out what is going on there.

Easiest thing would probably be uninstall NOD32 and then follow Blackspear's setup guide in this thread:
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=37509

Also, do you run a software firewall that might be blocking NOD32 access to the internet?

NOD32 is pretty self sufficient once you get it setup and working properly. Been using it for 6 months personally on my home systems (including my wife's) and haven't had a single issue. I've also gotten at least 6 of my customers using it now, and they've all been happy, and they all run different setups and none have mentioned any issues yet.

-Cov

3. Willowynd

I am running Look N Stop as of today (was ZA Pro but got tired of having to turn it off to check gmail and a few forums) but I did give perrision for Nod32 to run. I'll try reinstalling with the set up instructions provided. Thanks!

4. Willowynd

OK I uninstalled, reinstalled , went through all the set up pages and turned off my AV- still will not update *bangs head on wall*

Willow

5. Willowynd

Forget it- working now. Not sure why---but I am not complaining :)

Willow

6. covaro

covaro Registered Member

Tis' always grand when they fix themselves.

-Cov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.