Server backup to DVD

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by SOSAGES, Oct 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SOSAGES

SOSAGES Registered Member

:) Hi all -

Was looking at the server software and i was interested in the backing up of a server to DVD option.

DVDs are great as they hold 4 gig and a lot of boot drives on a server are around that size as they have only the OS installed while other apps such as exchange and SQL are often installed on other dir's

So i was looking at the option of burning a backup to a dvd and then using the boot disk and restoring.

I just have a few questions i hope someone will help me with.

1. can i backup to non RW dvds? ei DVD-R not DVD-RW as i would just want a static backup each week no doubt and they cost about 10p each so no worries.

2. Any restriction (apart from media and drive) on backup speed?

3. Dual layer DVD's will they be able to be backed up on? as long as the burning software can do it i see no reason for this so backing up 3 hard drives worth of stuff on 3 DL dvd-rs and restoring what and when i need it sounds great.

4. Any issues from booting from a USB or firewire external DVD writter?

Thanks for any help in advance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.