Server 2008 Terminal Services

Discussion in 'ESET NOD32 Antivirus' started by Devlin7, Apr 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

Hi,

At the beginning of the year we upgraded to Windows 2008R2 X64 Datacentre for our terminal server. We have been having regular server crashes due to suspected printer driver issues. Our terminal server has been crashing 2 - 3 times a day. Two weeks ago I installed NOD32 4.2.35 on all of our servers. Our print server and terminal server have been crashing frequently. The terminal server is stable for 5 to 30 minutes only. I figured that the terminal server was terminally damaged from 3 months of crashing so I rebuilt it from scratch yesterday. All was good up until the point where I reinstalled Nod32 4.2.35, the terminal server started hanging at 100% CPU. I reverted to Nod32 4.0.474 and all was fine. I spoke to our NOD32 rep and he suggested 4.2.40, this also locks up our terminal server instantly.

My really question is...

Could our print driver issues be caused by NOD32 AMON scanning? Does anybody out there do anything special for printer drivers? Is anybody else having issued with Windows 2008R2X64 terminal services and NOD32?

2. Rmuffler

Rmuffler Former Eset Moderator

3. Devlin7

Devlin7 Registered Member

Thanks by I am not convinced this is it. Our terminal server has 32Gb of Ram and memory is not an issue. NOd32 and GUI worked just fine on the Windows 2003 32 bit servers.

Also having issues with high CPU usage and blue screens of death on our other servers running 4.2.35.

G.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.