Serious problem, please answer!

Discussion in 'privacy general' started by tisungho, Aug 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tisungho

tisungho Registered Member

Hi,

Some days ago, I bought an 48-hour rapidshare.com account via PayPal. After the transaction, I realized that I provided a wrong email address. I emailed to PayPal to ask them for changing, but they haven't replied anything yet. I'd like to ask all of you who have experience about this that does the email contain my credit card information? and can the one, who owns that email address, do something bad with that?

Please answer! Thank you very much!

Regards,

2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

I do not believe anything could go bad because I do not think PayPal has direct links to your account in the emails they send you. But to be on the safe side I would contact my credit card company and explain this to them. Maybe they'll cancel your card and send you a new one? I believe there is a time limit on reporting things like this to your CC company. So I would call them.

3. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

I don't have any auto billing feature on my Paypal account, but I don't believe that Paypal would send any email communications with a credit card number on them. I have only known them to store that information on their servers and should you need to change them, you would have to do it directly and not through an email. I would think they would only use the "incorrect" email address to send emails concerning payment confirmation and billing inquires only. But again, it is best to check with Paypal. I asked about why a credit refund was not posted to my credit card account from their system and they responded in 1 day so hopefully you will get a reply soon too.

4. tisungho

tisungho Registered Member

Thank you for your advice, guys! :)

5. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

As a possible example of your problem, someone provided one of my email addresses to an Internet service provider company and I kept getting an email saying that a payment of $NN.NN was received and applied to my (actually someone else's) o_O :mad: account. I had to send several emails to the company telling them that the subscriber used an incorrect email address and to STOP sending me their billing statements and payment confirmation. This went on for a few months and it finally stopped (I guess that got the matter fixed).

6. ccsito

ccsito Registered Member

You can usually dispute charges on your statement within 60 days of receipt. You can fudge what day that you can say that you received it, of course(within reason). Of course you can monitor your account daily online (as long as your company allows online access) and immediately notify the credit card company as soon as you see something fishy on your account.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.