Serious Malfunction in Outlook 2003

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security' started by aquariumpro, Mar 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aquariumpro

aquariumpro Registered Member

I am having crashing and hanging problems in Outlook 2003 precisedly as described in this thread:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=156057

Except we are not using Exchange as that thread describes - stand-aalone Outlook on XP client machines in a Windows Server 2003 sp2 r2 domain. Not only does it occur when you delete items out of the ESET Antispam folder, but also occasionally when sending and receiving.

I read this solution from that thread:

Did all that, and problem is re-occuring after each time I use the above solution. Any further clues?

2. aquariumpro

Seems the problem may possibly lie with some function of the ESET Antispam folder itself. When I specify that the module should move the files to the Outlook Junk Email folder, the add-in isn't misbehaving as badly.

Doesn't happen now when I delete messages, only occasionally when sending and receiving. When it happens during send/receive, one click and the message goes away. I then disable the add-in in Outlook and it's fine for a while, then starts up again eventually.

3. aquariumpro

I take back that last post. Evidently, the problem is still there. It happens when trying to delete a large number of emails at once from the folder the add-in places spam into.

4. shansmi

shansmi Registered Member

what happens if you remove the SPAM folder specification and delete the SPAM folder ESS created in Outlook? I have ran Outlook 2003 and now 2007 without issues but I am only doing POP3....

5. aquariumpro

I'll try that, but something tells me I'm missing a registry entry somewhere when I uninstall ESS which is not described in the above solution I quoted from another thread on this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.