Serious install probs with system backup 2010

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by John32118, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John32118

John32118 Registered Member

I'm using windows 7.

I installed the trial version of system backup 2010.

I made an inital backup to an external hard drive.

I restarted my computer, and it it goes into a full blue sreen saying "paragon software group" "System Backup 2010".

For 20-30 minutes the progress bar loads then it boots into a blinking cursor at the top left of the screen. Nothing happens.

I have restarted 3 times and it does this each time.

I can't even boot into safe mode or use my main computer.

Can somebody from paragon speak to me on the phone about this problem?

2. John32118

oh, i'm using win7 64bit

3. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Did you try to update MBR?

It could be done via Recovery CD made in Free version of Paragon Backup & Recovery (http://www.paragon-software.com/home/db-express/index.html)

Then boot from Recovery CD in Normal Mode. Run Backup & Recovery program. right-click your Hard drive and select Update MBR. Press Apply to perform changes.

Once completed, restart your PC and check if it boots correctly.

Additional questions: do you have laptop with Win7 installed? If yes, what brand laptop?

4. John32118

Issue resolved by unplugging a seagate usb external drive.

There appears to be some boot up issues with the new seagate usb 3 external hard drives and windows 7.

Thanks for the help as I become familar with paragon software.

(mach, it is a desktop)

5. John32118

ok, now a new problem has popped up.

Windows will not show the seagate drive in windows explorer.

The seagate drive appears in control panel/devices and it says it is working properly.

If I plug the seagate drive into my other computer, a vista system, it appears.

Did something in the paragon system recovery 2010 change the settings and it keeping it from appearing? Everything was fine until I installed the trial program.

6. John32118

ps, this seagate drive is NOT the drive i used to backup to...it is storage only.

7. John32118

I discovered that others have had issues with their external hard drives not being recognized. The solution was to go into windows disk management and assign a letter to the drive. I looked in disk management and it shows my seagate with 1T of files as having 100% free space. At this point I am very cautious about changing anything to that drive as it has my main backups.

I installed the trial version of paragon system backup 2010 12 hours ago and it has been nothing but a major headache. I beleive I will quit for the day and reformat my computer in the morning as the paragon software has made my external drives invisible.

Any last minute advice will be appreciated.

Thanks to those of you who helped.

8. Mech_An

Mech_An Registered Member

Did you try to access 1TB of data on your 3TB external drive from another PC?

Do you have special software for Seagate drive which allows to recognize it correctly? It could be specific driver.

If drive is shown as empty do not change anything to avoid data loss.

Please post here s screenshot of Windows Disk management with 3TB drive connected from PC which doesn't recognize it and from another one which works well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.