Serious Errors

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Decapad, Nov 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Decapad

Decapad Registered Member

o_O Hi ~ Occasionally I am prompted my PC (Windows XP Pro ~ well maintained, or so I thought anyway:blink: ) has recovered from a "serious error". Here is the details of the problem:
    BCCode : 1000008e BCP1 : C0000005 BCP2 : 805A5B49 BCP3 : EE94AC04
    BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 1_0 Product : 256_1

Have any of you experienced this before? - And how can I cure this? Many thanks for your help! Deca :)

2. GlobalForce

GlobalForce Regular Poster

Hello Deca,

Those error codes refer to STOP MESSAGES windows generates .... usually caused either by memory or driver issues. Have a read for some of the suggestions and solutions to aquaint yourself with what your up against by visiting this thread (lose the asterisk after pasting taking note the first reply by Mediocrateez halfway down the page).

ht*tp://www.annoyances.org/exec/forum/winxp/t1056424505

If it were me I'd want to set windows up for a small memory dump by entering sysdm.cpl into your runbox,
    then going to the Advanced tab if you haven't done so already ....
    1. Select Startup and Recovery/Settings, uncheck Automatically restart.
    2. Under Write debugging information select Small memory dump.
    3. OK all dialog's to exit (if windows complains about the Alerter service,
      close that dialog and uncheck "Send an administrative alert").
    .... then installing the Support Tools. This can be achieved by inserting your XP cd, exiting the main screen, opening My Computer > rt clking the drive then selecting "Explore." Open the Support/Tools folder and dbl clk Setup.exe (opt for the full install and accept the default install location). By doing so you'll have access to dumpchk.exe and pstat.exe, both used for troubleshooting memory address related issues (partial screenshot of pstat correlating system modules to load address).
    Additionally they need to be placed on the *Path* for access (ask for help if required). :)

This may all be as simple as swapping your memory stick's to determine if they are at fault,
    or a hardware driver in need of replacement as covered in my supplied link.

GF

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 26, 2005
  3. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.