Serial number not accepted

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Maxwel, May 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxwel

Maxwel Registered Member

I'm reinstalling Win2k. When I tried to install build 3567, it would not accept my TrueImage 9 upgrade serial number. Does this mean that I have to install build 2337, supply both the upgrade and v 8 serial numbers, then uninstall and install build 3567? Previously, when I installed build 3567, I had to uninstall first and then wasn't prompted for my serial number.

2. seekforever

seekforever Registered Member

I would say when you installed it previously there were enough traces of TI so you didn't need to supply the number(s). Now that you are doing a complete reinstall there is nothing left to indicate to TI that a legitimate copy was installed. If you purchased the upgrade from V8 to V9 then you'll have to provide both numbers to show you are entitled to the upgrade license/price. You should be able to do this just from B3567 without B2337.

3. Maxwel

Maxwel Registered Member

As I said, build 3567 says that my TrueImage 9 sn is invalid.

4. ocsscott

ocsscott Registered Member

This seems to be an issue related to the upgrade between versions. I have posted before. The people at acronis need to spend some time fixing the install of the product.

Currently you need to uninstall wheat ever version you have. Reboot.. Install the new version and give that install your serial number then you will be ok.

Warning some people with universal restore can't create boot media after upgrading.

Acronis please respond and fix once and for all.

5. ocsscott

ocsscott Registered Member

Acronis any response??

why is it compliments get a quick turnaround this question go unanswered as usual?

6. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Maxwel,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Disk Backup Software.

We are very sorry for the delay with the response.

Please be aware that as seekforever has already mentioned above there is no need to have the older version or build installed in order to be able to install the upgrade. When you install Acronis True Image and enter the upgrade serial number the program should accept this number and then ask you to enter the serial number for the previously purchased full version (version 8.0 in your case).

However, I'm not completely sure that the issue is that you cannot install the product as you did not clarify what exact error message you receive and when exactly this error message appears. I therefore recommend that you take a look at this previous post of mine and see if it matches the situation. If yes, the please follow the instructions provided in this post. It should solve the problem.

If that's not the case then please submit a request for technical support containing the following information:

- Your version 8.0 and version 9.0 upgrade serial numbers;

- Information about your purchase of Acronis software, e.g. order number, e-mail, where did you purchase our product, etc.

- The screen shot of the Acronis True Image installation wizard not accepting your serial number;

- The screen shot or the exact text of the error message stating that your serial number is invalid;

- Did you register this serial number at our web site? If yes, then please let us know the e-mail address that you used for the registration.

- Describe actions taken before the problem appears step-by-step.

We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the most suitable solution as soon as possible.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexey Popov

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.