Sentinel from Runtimeware

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jfd15, Jan 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

Anyone running this? What are thoughts on this program...I ran this and it says
    most(80%) of my program files have changed/failed but i only recently did a fresh image install??

2. Meriadoc

Meriadoc Registered Member

There is a thread here at Wilders somewhere, going back awhile.

3. RuntimeWare

RuntimeWare Registered Member

Sentinel is monitoring your system folder by default - Seeing a drastic (80%) failure rate can mean one of many things:

- The integrity check data file is not being updated
    - Several new windows security updates applied after the initial fresh install
    And last but not least: - Some malware on the system is behaving (really) badly

I would assume that since this is a fresh install, this is most likely a case where the initial integrity check data file has not been updated since a batch of security updates has been applied.

The next time you run the Integrity Checker manually, make sure that when it finishes, you click the "Repair and Update Failed Files" and then the "Scan Failed Files" button. Clicking that last button will run your anti-virus program (specifically scanning those files) and update the Integrity data file. Once that process has completed, try to run the exact same scan again to verify that the Integrity Checker returns with 100% files passed.

If (when you run the Integrity Check for the second time after saving the Integrity information) you still encounter the same problem, then there may be a problem with the data file itself (in that case, just post here for a follow up) :)

Derek

4. jfd15

jfd15 Registered Member

Thanks Derek,
    ill download it again and re-install...the program is occasionally
    "not responding" so i may have a corrupted download or
    something..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.