Sentinel 1.1 Integity Checker

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Gnostic, Sep 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gnostic

Gnostic Registered Member

Has anyone else used this program? It is a free integrity checker. I have used it for a couple of months. It loads at start-up and scans all my .dll, ocx, exec, com, drv and system files. It checks the registry for malicious activity and allows you to see all running processes and allows you to kill any if needed.

It seems to work well, but I'm not an expert. Has anyone else tried this program? How does it stack up to any other free programs of this type?

Check it out at www.runtimeware.com

2. javacool

javacool BrightFort Moderator

Not to sound biased, but you can always try FileChecker v1.5 :D, which you can set to scan files in real-time for changes.

There are also programs like NIS File Check that provide very thorough, and high-quality on-demand hard drive integrity checking. (Which I also highly recommend).

You can find the FileChecker forum here:
    http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=8

and the NIS FileCheck forum here: http://www.wilderssecurity.com/index.php?board=17

The program you mentioned has various other extra features, like the registry scan, and the process list, that you may not find in the other programs I mentioned. (Although you may decide they are better/faster integrity checkers - I have not tried the program you mentioned yet, however, but will do so soon to see how fast it is.)

-Javacool

3. Gnostic

You biased?? No!! Seriously, I will admit that I haven't tried either program you mentioned. So FileChecker 1.5 can run resident and NIS File Check on-demand? Can they be used as a check on each other? I suppose this is much safer than relying on one program for any type of security. I realize that as the author of one of these programs you can't be expected to be totally unbiased in comparing it to another, but I would appreciate your thoughts on Sentinel itself. In the meantime, I am going to d/l both FileChecker 1.5 and NIS File Check and give them a try. I would appreciate your further imput.

4. FanJ

FanJ Guest

Yep, you're right.

Yep, for example: if you like: add the files and databases, which you created using NIS File Check, into the list of files which File Checker watches for changes.

5. javacool

You can also add the NIS File Check executable to the FileChecker watch-list, and the FileChecker executable to the NIS File Check database.
    -You shouldn't have any conflicts with this setup. :)

-Javacool

6. javacool

I will definitely try to give Sentinel a chance if I get time - I am personally interested in its registry features.

-Javacool

7. Gnostic

Thanks FanJ and Javacool! I have d/l both programs and will play with them tonight. I love to play :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.