SendTo Power Toy for Win8

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by cruelsister, Mar 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

Microsoft released some handy addons for Windows from Win95 on, called Powertoys. Although most have little utility in Windows 7 and 8, one of the most useful is still being developed and still is very handy. Send To Toys 2.7 will allow the expansion of the Send To command that exists on the right-click context menu of file managers.

It's free and can be found here:

http://www.gabrieleponti.com/software/index.html#sendtotoys

And speaking of Windows 8 (if you will allow a digression), I get more and more amazed what a tremendous OS it is. It is really a shame that so many (understandably) won't consider it because of Sinofsky's Folly (Metro- the least efficient way to do things on a desktop). Also amazing is the elegance of StartisBack in the way it hacks the registry in order to provide an actually useful desktop.

2. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Thanks for the tip. I think I will pass though. The Quick Launch is mostly pointless unless you have gone out of your way to add that folder to the taskbar. You can bypass installing anything and just put shortcuts directly in "C:\Users\(UserName)\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\SendTo" and that gives you a little more control over what is added.

3. cruelsister

cruelsister Registered Member

It's not a quick launch. It expands the options that exist in the default send to context menu.

4. xxJackxx

xxJackxx Registered Member

Yes, correct, but one of the options is "Send to Quick Launch". It is probably dropped in the same folder I mentioned above, so I would delete it, but it might be useful to someone else.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.