Send E-Mail not working on Workstation 9.1

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by rothwells, Jun 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rothwells

rothwells Registered Member

I can't seem to get TrueImage Workstation 9.1 to send an e-mail to me when it's finished an automatic backup.

I enter all the information, exactly as it is in MS Outlook for SMTP server, use name, etc. When I hit "Send Test Message" it immediately brings up a dialog box that says "Mail send Failed. Pssibly bad settings."

Any ideas?

Thanks

2. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Use the search.

3. BCon

BCon Registered Member

You know, stop being a 'use the search' nazi. if you have something helpful about his issue, then post a link or help him. If you dont, shut up - Im so tired of folks yapping about the search, do you really think thats helpfulo_O/

BTW - original poster, I could only find this: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=133715&highlight=email
    hope it helps.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

2 wrongs don't make a right....so let's chill a bit ;)
    Since I have no clue....what search terms would you suggest in order to assist them further :doubt:

5. BCon

BCon Registered Member

No but three rights make a left. :) -sorry about the tone of the original post, it just urks me so much when folks post that just to bump their post count up.

6. beenthereb4

beenthereb4 Registered Member

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2006
  7. rothwells

rothwells Registered Member

Thanks for the info, but this is the result I get when I click on your link:

Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms.

8. Detox

Detox Retired Moderator

Yeah the searches expire just about immediately here so links containing a search are pretty much no good :doubt:

Best to use a thread link or tell 'em what the search parameter is.

9. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello rothwells,

Thank you for choosing Acronis Workstation Disk Backup Software.

Please make sure that you use the latest build (3633) of Acronis True Image 9.1 Workstation which is available at: http://www.acronis.com/enterprise/support/updates/

If the problem persists with the latest build, the workaround is to bracket the e-mail address:

- E-mail address: (placed in "<" and ">" brackets)
    - Outgoing Mail server: your_mail_server
    - User Name: your_user_name
    - Password: (correct for your account)

Please consider the following sample as an example:
    - E-mail address: <Evgeny.Konstantinov@acronis.com>
    - Outgoing Mail server: smtp.acronis.com
    - User Name: Evgeny_Konstantinov
    - Password: *******

If the problem still persists, please make a screen shot of your e-mail notification settings window and the screen shot of the error message.

Please submit a request for technical support. Attach all the collected files and information to your request along with the step-by-step description of the actions taken before the problem appears and the link to this thread. We will investigate the problem and try to provide you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Tatyana Tsyngaeva

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.