Seems that Spyware Eliminator

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by Trooper, May 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

2. bigc73542

bigc73542 Retired Moderator

Those are usually very questionable results in my opinion. Did you notice they had microsoft antispyware as costing $80.00 Everyone knows that it is free

3. Vikorr

Vikorr Registered Member

Dubious at best. The most comprehensive test of antispyware was undertaken by Eric Howes late last year

http://spywarewarrior.com/asw-test-guide.htm

I don't think things have changed THAT much since.

There's no summary of the overall tests, but basically giant AS (now MSAS) scored 64%, the next best was spysweeper at 50% (or 49, can't remember), then every other AS. Alluria was rated quite low.

4. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Aluria Software comment....including Spyware Eliminator

5. Trooper

Trooper Registered Member

Yeah I did notice the price as well as the other things you all mentioned. It was an "interesting" read at best.

I do not want to even try the software. I think I will stick with Counterspy myself. ;)

Jag

6. AnthonyG

AnthonyG Registered Member

I dont like the way they have gave adaware a 1 for both ease of use and support. I mean what could be easier than Adaware to use, and their support forum is the best product support forum ive ever came accross.

But incase you did not know this is a retail advertising site that alura has paid to advertise its product. They are just doing it in a very sneaky and slanderous way. As to say MSAS is not as good as Spyware Eliminator cant be anything but slanderous. And the worst product scanned is spybot? and second best is Spyware Doctor? (or should i call it "false positive doctor")

It would actually funnily enough be almost correct if this chart was switched back to front.

7. iwod

iwod Registered Member

Well i don't trust any of those reviews. In fact the more post you read here, the clearer it become when a review is not right.

8. muf

muf Registered Member

Also very interesting that on both those websites it adds a cookie that surprise surprise is Aluriasoftware.com

Maybe a little affiliation going on there somewhere!

It's pretty safe to say that the top three are(and in no particular order) MS Antispyware, Counterspy and Spy Sweeper. The others are playing catch up. In my opinion Ad-Aware and Spybot are the best free protection. Couple any of the above with SpywareBlaster and it's fairly potent protection. :D

muf

Attached Files:

9. mikel108

mikel108 Registered Member

I was checking out a deal from another link on BD with Spyware Eliminator for $25.
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=87237

I went to see what has been going on at Aluria Software and it seems that they now hve their own McAfee type Security Shopping Centre.

Attached Files:

• swe.jpg
      swe.jpg
      File size:
      37.3 KB
      Views:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.