Seeking Dynamic Security Agent 2.x

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by bellgamin, Jun 22, 2015.

1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

DSA is another golden oldie - a predecessor to Private Firewall. I used it for many years & want to give it another trial against some contemporary nasties.

I still have SDA 1.0 but have somehow lost my SDA 2.x. If anyone knows where I can download it, I would be very grateful.

BACKGROUND: I always found SDA's approach to security to be an interestingly *different* approach. Namely, after installing SDA, you would then train it to become accustomed to your specific computer and the specific way in which you used it over a representative period of time.

You set the training period. I usually set it for 14 days. During the training period, SDA would learn your norms for email traffic, each process's cpu average usage, etc. When the training period was over, SDA would thereafter alert you to any major deviations from these norms. You could set the sensitivity for these alerts by prescribing "maximum allowable percentage deviation from norm."

AFAIK none of my current security programs is doing just exactly the same job as SDA's anomaly monitors. At least ... that's my theory. So -- inasmuch as I am retired & have a bit of time on my hands -- I want to see what value (if any) SDA may have for the here & now.

REPEAT: If anyone knows where I can download SDA 2.x, I would be very grateful.

If I can't get a later version of SDA, I shall (in a week or so) go with my 1.0, but I do hope someone can put me on the trail of 2.x.

2. roger_m

roger_m Registered Member

Here's a link to download it http://downloads.fyxm.net/Dynamic-Security-82230.html

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2015
  3. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

Got it. Thanks-a-google (10 to the 100th)!!!

4. trott3r

trott3r Registered Member

I thought their was a newer version of DSA than 2.0.11.22?

I asked for it in another thread but no one had it

5. roger_m

@bellgamin Happy to help.
    @trott3r 2.0.11.23 was the final version released, but I can not find a download link anwhere. The publisher's website does not appear to have changelogs for 2.x releases, so I don't know what has changes were made in the .23 release.

6. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

To be honest, it was the GUI that turned me off. It did look like a quite advanced HIPS.

7. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

8. roger_m

@MrBrian Thank for the link. While I personally have no need for DSA, I didn't know that archive.org hosts downloads in addition to webpages, and I may find that useful when looking for old software.

9. MrBrian

MrBrian Registered Member

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.