Seeking Advice

Discussion in 'NOD32 version 2 Forum' started by Sweetie(*)(*), Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sweetie(*)(*)

Sweetie(*)(*) Registered Member

Hi, during a recent check up of one of the client systems I maintain, two files where found by Microsoft Anti-Spyware Beta1.

The files being Bling.exe and Winmon.exe which I recognize as being part of the Rbot an SDbot worms were detected in the System32 folder.

This PC has previously had both of these infections, removed by Nod32.

The system shows no sighs of the worms being active, secondary scans by another AV confirm the same clean result as Nod32.

I would like conformation on the presence of these entries, I believe they must be left overs, not actually operational, but as both the Rbot an SDbot worms are know to mask themselves to detection by AV scans I would like to be sure.

If any one has had a similar expiernce or knows more about this please let me know, thanks.

2. Big D1

Big D1 Registered Member

3. balthus

balthus Registered Member

Will this be the thread that discusses MAS and NOD32 conflicts?
    i noticed that the other thread was closed...can i assume anything from the first post?

anyone else having issues?

4. LowWaterMark

LowWaterMark Administrator

No, I'm afraid not. The two original posts above aren't about a conflict between those products at all. They are regarding files that were found during a scan which probably are leftover pieces of an infection that the machine in question was known to have actually had.

As far as we know there aren't any conflicts, and that was stated in the other thread you mentioned here. If someone finds a conflict specific to NOD32, then they are free to start a new topic in this forum section to explore that.

If there are other questions regarding MAS then they should be posted over in the privacy software section.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.