Seeking a port monitor

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by bellgamin, Apr 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I have had a couple of *mysterious* outgoing TCP connections from port 1167 at times when I wasn't doing any connecting out on my own. The port monitor I use now (CurrentPorts) didn't identify the process that initiated this outgoing connection. Instead it merely said it was "unknown" & "ID 0".

I am seeking a port monitor that will monitor a specified port, and will identify the path of the process that initiates any connection via that port. Is there such a software?

Free preferably, because I may never ever again need to use such an app. However, I will consider non-free because I really want to find out the process that is doing this.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
  2. Cudni

Cudni Global Moderator

did you try TcpView for Windows?

3. wrongway67

wrongway67 Registered Member

It isn't a connection started... it's ending
    see the links I posted in this topic: https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=271478

4. bellgamin

bellgamin Registered Member

I read them all & copied most of what I read to my "treasures" file. THANKS! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Thanks for the suggestion. TcpView is a good app but it doesn't log.

By the way, in the process of dealing with this matter, I discovered that my version of CurrPorts (which I have used for many many moons) was outdated. The latest version now has logging whereas my older version did not.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.