Security's New Reality: Assume The Worst

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Hungry Man, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

I was ~30 words into a post but I think the disagreement is just too fundamental.

Agree to disagree.

2. vasa1

vasa1 Registered Member

3. Hungry Man

Hungry Man Registered Member

Cyberkinetics makes me think of Bionics. I doubt that's what they're talking about. I would assume it's more figurative, there needs to be more "movement" or activity?

Not sure... weird way to put it.

4. Baserk

Baserk Registered Member

A Washinton post article on this hearing reads;

"Modern operations will demand the effective use of cyber, kinetic, and combined cyber and kinetic means," Mr. Gabriel said. He said the shelf life for such weapons may be "days" as defenses are devised or offensive attacks thwarted.

Cyberwarfare tools also can be adapted from intelligence-gathering methods, Mr. Garbriel said.

"Rather, cyber [warfare] options are needed that can be executed at the speed, scale, and pace of our military kinetic options with comparable predicted outcomes," he said.
    link

It seems kinetic was used in it's good ol' fashioned military sense; (armor) penetrating metal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.