Security??

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Cochise, Nov 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

I'm trying to D/L a certain programme but I get this Security Warning...

Can anyone kindly tell me which particular 'Security' I need to temporarily disable......Please.......I've tried enabling Active X, java etc., Ooooeerrr!....but it made no difference....

Cochise,

Attached Files:

2. StevieO

StevieO Guest

Hi Cochise,

I had this same problem only a few days ago for the very first time !

I fixed it by changing the IE Security Options to medium, clicking OK and then changing them all back to how i had customised them before, and clicking OK.

This seems to have done the trick, but it's strange it's just happened to both of us ?

StevieO

3. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Hi StevieO,

Thanks for the reply......Yep!...Done that and more....:D :D ...Now I'm getting this......Don't you just hate it when this happens?..:D ......

I think the Programme is trying to tell me something.....so I don't think I'll bother it any more.....:D :D :D

Best Regards, Cochise,:cool:

Attached Files:

4. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

hi Cochise :) you can fix the original problem from the screenshot in post#1 by going Internet Options>Security>make sure "Internet" is highlighted, then click on Custom Level>scroll down to "Submit Nonencrypted Form Data" and select "Enabled"

5. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

Thanks Ice.....but that was enabled??.....anyway, I scrapped trying that Link and Googled 'MS Service Scan'.....you get two options....a direct Scan, which my security wouldn't allow, and an option to D/L the programme and run it directly, that worked just fine.....AND my system was OK after all that, don't know why I bothered...:D :D :D

Cheers, Cochise,:cool:

6. iceni60

iceni60 ( ^o^)

are you certain? you're not thinking it's enabled now, after you changed the settings to "medium" - which can change that setting, so it was enabled then?

LOL anyway, you did the scan in the end. MS is a nightmare i was trying to download their antispyware program and i had to download their stupid validation checker, when i ran it it kept on saying it was out of date o_O i downloaded it from betanews in the end.

7. Cochise

Cochise A missed friend

M$.....Help...D/Ls.....Information etc., etc.,........SUCK!!.:D :D

Cochise,:cool:

8. Bubba

Bubba Updates Team

Was that link a site listed in IE's Restricted Zone....if you use that feature :doubt:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.