Security Suite Antispam and The Bat!

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by huntnyc, Oct 20, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Would like to get a security suite with of course a good antivirus but also with a spam control that will work with The Bat!. Many of these do not work with any programs except Outlook and OE and some do work with other clients but don't look like you can train them in any way. The only one that seems to work with POP clients and is trainable is the one with Panda I believe at least according to their documentation.

Does anyone have any thoughts about this? Or, maybe I should forget about the suite and use the plugin for The Bat! or some other third party solution. Thanks for your thought. If anyone can confirm what I am saying about Panda from personal experience from running their Spam filter with non-Microsoft clients I would appreciate it.

Gary

2. Blackcat

Blackcat Registered Member

Regarding Spam, KIS 2006 supports Microsoft Outlook, Outlook Express, and The Bat.

Although still in pre-beta, IMO, the product is fairly stable and the first beta version is due in about 10 days time. Worth testing. The full release is apparently due in January, 2006.

But whether the present Kaspersky Personal Security Suite supports the Bat I do not know.

3. huntnyc

huntnyc Registered Member

Fantastic news to hear. I will either test the full beta or wait for the full release in January. This is great news and thanks for relating it.

Gary

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.