Security software that has lifetime licenses

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by jo3blac1, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fuzzfas

Fuzzfas Registered Member

Still, Magicure is interesting because of this:

Upgrades to future versions of the software will be free for the lifetime of the product.

With Rollback this is not the case. If you buy v9, you can get all 9.x versions, but not 10.x for free. So, if one needs Rollback at all costs, Magicure is better.

2. Bodhitree

Bodhitree Registered Member

True, if you can find a deal on MagiCure. I found RollbackRX for 50% off, and another coupon for $19.00 per license. I don't see any good deals on MagiCure yet.

3. Fuzzfas

That's true.

4. WSFfan

WSFfan Registered Member

MagiCure Professional 50 % OFF

5. Fuzzfas

There is something odd about the lifetime claims in BitDuJours.

From Magicure's website:

So there's something fishy with BitDuJours claims? Cause doesn't seem lifetime free upgrades here.

6. Notok

Notok Registered Member

I think it's important to remember that these PC lifetime licenses are going to be targeted to the average user, who bought a system from an OEM (Dell, HP, etc.) or a local shop and only think about carrying over personal information like their bookmarks, documents, and maybe their games. My experience has been that this type of user will ask what browser the PC comes with -- they take it as a given that a new computer will mean starting over with learning new software, etc. For those, these licenses are a great deal; really, more than a year and a major version upgrade is probably a good deal.

It's important to pay attention to how licenses are named. It's also important to read the explanatory text (the 'fine print'). Having been on the other side of this, there have always been those that didn't understand the difference between things like per-user and per-system, and felt cheated because the given product's license scheme wasn't the same as the last software that they bought. Unfortunately too much information can also turn off a lot of users, and the line between "too little" and "too much" is surprisingly thin.

Just so there's no confusion, I am not saying that there's anything at all wrong with users that think this way, and nor do I think that they need to educate themselves on every possible aspect of computers -- the computer is meant to make everyone's life easier. Of course vendors shouldn't take advantage and bury the specifics in a wall of fine print, but paying attention to wording/phrasing is important in just about any kind of purchase. When it comes down to it, software terms are probably a lot more honest than 99% of items in grocery stores.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  7. flamerz

flamerz Registered Member

take care with "pc lifetime"...

8. LoneWolf

LoneWolf Registered Member

I e-mailed support,explained my situation and did get a reply as well as a new serial number free of charge from the "The Look 'n' Stop Team" (from the e-mail)
    so someone is still supporting this product (wonder if it is Frederic)

9. arsenaloyal

arsenaloyal Registered Member

I E-mailed the support asking if L'n'S supports Windows 8 and I have not gotten a reply back yet.

On Topic, Jetico Personal Firewall has a license thats similar to defensewall one year updates and lifetime liecense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.