Security Restristion Problem on Outlook 2002 (XP)

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by puff-m-d, Mar 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help me with a problem that just suddenly appeared on my system.

I had installed the new releases of both Opera and Netscape Navigator to see if they had improved any since the last time I had tried them.  I decided I still liked IE6 better and uninstalled them both and deleted their registry keys with jv16 Power Tools.

Well, after that my problem appeared.  When I am reading my emails in Outlook 2002 (XP) and there is a link I want to go to I get the following message: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer.  Please contact your system administater."

I have tried to repair/reinstall Windows XP Home and Windows 2002 (XP) Small Business which includes the Outlook 2002 (XP) software.  This has not helped.

I have checked all the security settings that I can think of and as far as I can tell (in my limited knowledge) they are all ok.  I also checked my login and I am the only one on the system with system administrater privileges.  There are no other users on the system but me.

If anyone can help as I have come to a dead end, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
    Kent

2. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

3. puff-m-d

puff-m-d Registered Member

Re: Security Restristion Problem on Outlook 2002 (

Tony,

Thanks a lot!!!!!
    That solved my problem just as I was brginning to think no one was going to reply to my thread.

Thanks again,
    Kent

4. TonyKlein

TonyKlein Security Expert

Re: Security Restristion Problem on Outlook 2002 (

You're welcome.

I just noticed it, and remembered the MS article.

Cheers,

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.