Security Question

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JohnMult, Sep 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnMult

JohnMult Registered Member

I wonder how safe i am if i disable from a compromised "evil" site 1.javascript 2.plugins 3.images?
    I experiment with the internal content blocking system of Google Chrome right now and i would appreciate your thoughts.

2. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

In itself this reduces the chances of getting infected, problem is though clicking links or redirects of that website could navigate to other "bad" sites which might have javascript, compromised flash, pdf, et cetera.

Chrome has some pretty redirect protection, but it does not have a block redirect/links option from blacklisted sites. So this additional threshold is not a waterproof counter measure.

3. JohnMult

Thank you for your quick response. In addition i run Chrome with DropMyRights and activate the tip 1806. I have Panda Cloud antivirus Pro, NortonSafe and EMET for various things except Chrome because it crashes a lot. At least my system is pretty "quiet" and so far so good. My only real disadvantage is called WindowsXp Home. Any other suggestions are welcome.

4. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

In stead of drop my rights (which is only enforced when you use this "program launcher") you could have a look at SURUN when you run admin. This provides UAC like admin elavation and limited user protection.

There is also some pretty good freeware geswall free. This runs your browser in a policy sandbox (in stead of drop my rights), you will be perfectly safe with the combo of freeware GeSWall.

5. JohnMult

Thanks a lot. I believe i had tested Geswall and had various Chrome troubles. Gonna try again thanks.

6. tomazyk

tomazyk Guest

You can add Sandboxie and run your browser in sandbox. It has an option to drop rights for your browser and everything you get from web is gone once you close the browser. You can also prevent browser to access your personal data and your setup is more or less complete.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.