Security programs for x64

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by Hugger, Jul 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hugger

Hugger Registered Member

I'm looking for info on x64 pc software.
    Thinking seriously of changing to x64 when I install the final of W7.
    Thanks.
    Hugger

2. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

Unfortunately Shadow Defender is only for x32 versions, the developer said it will take several months. Defense Wall is also only x32 capable (I think), and I have no idea if and when Ilya might do something about it. Most AVs, and non security applications are no problems, and the situation can only improve in the near future.

3. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Hugger,

LUA of Win7, do not show elevation prompt on user initiated keyboard actions
    W7 Firewall + W7 Firewall control freebie
    Morro/MSE AntiVirus x64 freebie

Sully's PrettyGoodSecurity freebie (will be released when W7 is available) for added Software Restriction Policy (uses policy management of the Win7 OS), I am sure PGS will set applocker trickbits at that time also

Use Bitlocker to encrypt your personal data http://www.neowin.net/news/main/09/01/11/windows-7-bitlocker-to-go--biometric-improvements-overview

This way all security is native 64bits

Browse with IE8 32 bits (has cross site scripting protection), add Free Keylogger for IE8 to it, use PGS to always run it in limited user. You can use IE8 64 bits for regular windows update :)-)

Personally I would not buy any security software when I had this level of securiy available

Cheers

Last edited: Jul 14, 2009
  4. vijayind

vijayind Registered Member

ZA Extreme Security, is probably the best x64 suite available. It has AV,AS,Firewall,HIPS, Privacy protection, Basic Backup and also Browser Sandbox which run without hitchs on x64.

5. Webby

Webby Registered Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.