Security "oversight" over on-demand scan setup

Discussion in 'ESET Smart Security v3 Beta Forum' started by freesurfer, Sep 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

Good day.

What this is a possible oversight in securing settings for the on-demand scan in NOD32 Antivirus RC1.

If one opens the gui and go to Computer scan -> Custom scan, one would see the setup button, which opens the settings for the currently selected profile. Here's the problem: if you password protect your settings, all will be protected (which I hope so :) ) except the on-demand scan settings in Custom scan. To make matters worse, changes to the settings is saved even if one sets password protection.

If this behaviour is intended, I hope that an additional setting will be included to toggle whether access to on-demand settings thru the Custom scan is password-protected or atleast changes are not saved (please don't make me beg for this ;) ).

Regards.

2. freesurfer

freesurfer Registered Member

What? Still no replies? Don't tell me no one recognizes the potential problem with this, especially by ESET.

Regards.

3. OMEGA_RAZER

OMEGA_RAZER Registered Member

no replys != no one looking ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.