Security Issues

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Orzeka, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Orzeka

Orzeka Registered Member

I am not sure if this is right section, as I am new. I usually use PCHelpforum.com..anyways as to why I am here, I used a product known as Belarc Advisor and upon contacting their support as what to do with the info it provided, and I was surprised as to how insecure windows 7 is be default considering most people aren't tech savvy enough to do stuff about it, but this is where they directed me. My questions are: Is this the right section of the forum? Should I upload its report? And How can I make my computer more secure? I ask whether or not I should upload it as I have seen people lurk security sections of the forum and then attack said user(s)

2. Orzeka

Orzeka Registered Member

Nothing?

3. lotuseclat79

lotuseclat79 Registered Member

Hi Orzeka,

I used to use Belarc Advisor on my WinXP SP2 Pro OS. I strongly advise you to simply download the tool, install and run it which is basically free AFAIK. It basically inventories your entire computer hardware and software including important information about the software that you will need to reinstall it, so after you run it on your computer, print out a copy of the full report and keep it in a safe location for later reference for when you need to reinstall your software for any reason. A bonus section allows you to run its security suite to guage how secure your platform is.

When you run Belarc Advisor on your Windows machine, it creates the report on your machine. After that you have run the security suite separately, if I remember correctly - it should tell you where you can improve your security - then it would be appropriate to ask them what to do about the recommendations that their software yields at the Belarc Advisor website.

-- Tom

P.S. I no longer use M$ Windows as my OS, as Linux is now my OS.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.