Security for cell phone?

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by CJsDad, Feb 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Not sure if this is the right section to ask this question so if not, mods please move it to the right place, thanks.

I recently had my cell phone upgraded and will now have access to email and the web mostly due to the fact that I will be on the road a lot this year instead of being at my actual work place.
    Can cell phones get malware such as a computer does or is it harder?
    I know the basics of not opening email I'm not sure of and things like that but my point is I dont want to take any chances and would really like to know if there are any security programs for cell phones or any special precautions I need to take.

Thanks in advance.

2. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Hello and Welcome CJsDad

Cell-Phone Info is not exactly this forums expertise, but you can surely find your answer here.

I go all the time for information i need on my particular handset, it is even categorized as to your carrier and the carrier's vendor like Motorola, LG, etc.

http://www.howardforums.com/

EASTER

3. CJsDad

CJsDad Registered Member

Thanks Easter!

Motorola is definitely what I'm looking for.

4. EASTER

EASTER Registered Member

Glad i could help. That forum has a pletora of information for all handsets and their carriers.

MarK Venture and others will point you in the right thread that you need for help. You'll be pleasantly surprised i'm sure.

It's a Mega-Forum and even draws comparisons between which handsets do the best as to those that are not so favorable looked on.

EASTER

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.