Security And Privacy Complete (Open-Source Software)

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by Warlockz, Jan 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Warlockz

Warlockz Registered Member

I found this Powerful tool that helps you Manage just about every security setting in Windows, all inside one control panel!

Theirs way to much to explain about it in this post so I will let you go and see for yourself how useful this tool will be for people concerned about security!

Security And Privacy Complete
    http://cmia.backtrace.org/en_screenshot.html

........................................................................................

2. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

I've used this thing before. It is great for Windows if you are a perfect expert. This control panel allows you to seriously fubar your entire network if you aren't.

3. Warlockz

LOL, That's why you use the create a backup feature before you go settings happy, and if your unsure of a setting make sure to read up on it before messing with it!

4. SteveTX

SteveTX Registered Member

Beck up? Vhat iz siz beck up you speek off?

5. Warlockz

The little button on the right side under "other", use it! :p

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  6. Z32

Z32 Registered Member

This program looks pretty good!

I like the descriptions under 'The settings' on their website. Should make it easier to not fubar my system, if I may borrow the term from Steve :)

Wll give this a go, though I'll still be going over (Control Panel) Administrative Tools > Services, with a fine tooth comb. Amazing how the crap can accumulate in that directory.

Any other good apps out there for system hardening?

7. Warlockz

Yes it certainly saves the time of manually switching each key, which seems to be just another tedious job of securing my machine each time I Install a fresh copy of windows, (But then I used my brain and made a backup of my OS when I got it exactly how I wanted it using Paragon, then I avoid reinstalling apps like Photoshop CS4 with many plugins, and all my extra fonts and other misc tools I use to customize my machine) LOL

But their will come a day when I redo my machine with a fresh copy.

Ill keep my eyes but a good HIPS such as ProcessGuard is another step twards System Hardening!

Check out this poll thread for recommended HIPS...I'm still in the testing faze of ProcessGuard, and may switch to something else if It doesn't fit my needs!

What is the best HIPS out there?

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=134703

Last edited: Jan 26, 2009
  8. Z32

Z32 Registered Member

Thanks Warlockz,

Will definitely be testing a couple of HIPS apps as part of my process :thumb:

..perhaps OA and ProcessGuard. I've been using the Comodo bundle but feel I need to test some others.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.