Securing PC within wireless network

Discussion in 'LnS English Forum' started by Dregg Heda, Dec 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

I currently have a wireless network at home and would like to know how to set up my LnS firewall to prevent malware from other computers on the network or someone who has hacked into the network infiltrating my laptop. Thanks.

2. Climenole

Climenole Look 'n' Stop Expert

Hi Dregg Heda

1 ) For the WiFi network you must use secured connections as you probably know with WPA... which is not secured at 100% (as usual).

2 ) The firewall may help or contribute to protect your Laptop: it can't alone and by itself give a protection against "malwares": the security of any system is done by a layered protection and safe procedures.

For LnS any good rules set such as the Enhanced rules set plus the specific rule for Secured WiFi connection give to your PC a reasonnable level of protection.

This must be combined with the other layers of security such as Updated OS and applications, Resident protection against virus and other malwares, may be an HIPS and last but not least the practice of the Safe-Hex.

« Security is not a product, it's a process » Bruce Schneier

For more specific questions about LnS don't hesitate to ask question here.

Hope these one help. Let us know.
    :)

3. Dregg Heda

Dregg Heda Registered Member

where can i get the aforementioned ruleset and the specific rule? Thanks.

4. Frederic

Frederic LnS Developer

Here is the rule:
    http://www.looknstop.com/En/rules/rules.htm#wifi

This rule doesn't improve the security. This rule is required only if you observe some connection issue with WiFi after you installed Look 'n' Stop.
    You don't need it if everything works properly.

Frederic

5. 1hui

1hui Registered Member

I think just do you do within wired network.:D

the "wifi rule" is just using to allow you receive/send 0x888E ethernet frames

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.