Securing Google Chrome

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by front243, Aug 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. front243

front243 Registered Member

I just tried Google Chrome and I kind of like it (running Vista 64). I wonder if you can tell me how to "harden" it? Which settings should I change and are there any third party applications you can recommend?

(I come from Firefox and use Noscript and Adblock. I would like to see something similar on Chrome)

2. MagisDing

MagisDing Registered Member

Kees have posted elaborate threads about 64 bit Windows and Chrome:thumb: , you can look for them.
    On the other hand, Chrome has built-in sandbox and more safe infrastructure, but it is a developing product since its compatible for extensions and some ones like Noscripts and Adblock are under test, it is a developing product. Because of its amazing speed and influency , deserves higher expectation for its future;)

3. Osaban

Osaban Registered Member

It is still a new product, therefore not really a target yet of malware. It will tell you however, if a website is dangerous, and give you the option of 'going back to safety'.Google indexes bad sites continuously.

I saw it in action, although I don't rely only on Chrome for protection.

4. dell boy

dell boy Registered Member

run it sandboxed then its impenetrable...

5. Keyboard_Commando

Keyboard_Commando Registered Member

Right now Google Chrome is without any decent add-ons to secure it. There are some hacks to start the browser with JavaScript disabled here, but that is about it, as far as I know. (I haven't tried these)

I don't think there will be the ability to personally shape your browser like you can with Firefox, for instance. I think it will clash with too many of Google's revenue raising services. But we'll see, I guess, it's all very new!

Maybe Google isn't a nannying control freak. :shifty:

6. Someone

Someone Registered Member

I think given the small browser share and that it has its own sandbox Chrome is very secure. You probably should try to get some website rating software to minimize the risk of downloading malware with AVG LinkScanner and OpenDNS.

7. Kees1958

Kees1958 Registered Member

Endorse that :thumb:

8. cheater87

cheater87 Registered Member

IIRC WOT is being developed for Chrome. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.