SecureZone on USB drive not visible from the rescue system

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by scharf, Mar 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scharf

scharf Registered Member

I am trying to restore a backup made on an external USB drive. I created a secure zone on the USB and did dayly incremental backups. On the original XP, the ecsure zone was visible.

However, when I boot from the acronis rescue disk (created with build 800), the normal partition on the USB drive is visible, but not the SecureZone :doubt:

How can I restore my system?

Michael

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. scharf

scharf Registered Member

Unfortunately, I have no floppy disk for my laptop....
    Can I somehow mount the internal disk or the USB disk to create the sysinfo.txt file?

Michael

4. jmk94903

jmk94903 Registered Member

If you have access to another computer with a CD writer and a floppy disk, you could create a bootable CD with a program like Easy CD Creator or Nero and use that CD to boot your system instead of a floppy.

5. scharf

scharf Registered Member

The problem is, the acronis recovery OS is linux but Easy CD Creator and Nero are windows programs....

6. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Michael,

The usual advice for users with no floppy drive is provided by Acronis Support in this <previous post>.

Regards

7. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

Please follow Menorcaman's advice because we need the sysinfo from the system where the problem actually is. If you plug the USB disk to another computer Acronis Bootable CD may find every partition as well as Acronis Secure Zone and there will be no need to investigate anyhting. Please use digital camera to create shots of the sysinfo output and send these shots to us.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. scharf

scharf Registered Member

Ilya,

does this mean the rescue linux does not support mounting USB drives or harddisks using NTFS? I simply need the command to mount either a USB stick/drive or the system harddisk to write the sysinfo file....

Michael

9. Acronis Support

Hello Michael,

I am afraid the only method to get sysinfo for those who cannot use floppy drive is the one described above. If you find it too inconvinient please write a letter with the link to this thread to support@acronis.com indicating in the subject of the letter that you want to contact Marian Fadeeva.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.