SecureUp Personal Firewall 2

Discussion in 'other firewalls' started by nicM, Feb 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Did anyone ever tested this one? http://www.secureup.com/

I wanted to give it a try, but my "30-days trial copy" was expired after 1 mn 30 secs... :ouch: :D , at the first opening of the GUI.

It does look interesting (click on the "compare features" link, all features are detailed), and I've not found any posts on it. Someone was able to test it more than 30 seconds? If so, I'm interested in feedback about it.

2. Clweb

Clweb Registered Member

Tried it, and also after about 1 min running, said trial was over.
    Surprisingly, unlike other firewalls, it did not need a reboot after install.
    So no driver installed ? How does the protection work ?
    No time to test at shields up! after install of trial...
    So I think this company is not serous. :mad:

3. ellison64

ellison64 Registered Member

On installation , i did recieve a prompt for reboot ,however i can confirm that the "30 day trial period" lasted 1 minute.It makes me wonder whether its an email harvesting scam as you are required to "register" before continuing with the trial which then lasts all of 1 minute......or less
    ellison

4. q1aqza

q1aqza Registered Member

I always use a spamgourmet address, even for known legit companies. Save a whole load of problems from email details being passed on.

www.spamgourmet.com

5. nicM

nicM nico-nico

Thanks :) , glad to know I'm not the only one to get such a "35 seconds" trial :D . Though I've mailed them about that, I don't even know if I can expect a reply (the Site info is dated 2002 on the bottom of their site).

I didn't get prompt for reboot neither. I'm not sure of that but if the company is out, that could explain the instantaneous trial ending, if the registering can't reach servers.

No problems for the mail too, I've a dedicated mail address for newsletters/registration purposes :D .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.