securemaker

Discussion in 'privacy technology' started by korb, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. korb

korb Registered Member

anyone tried this software yet

home
    http://www.secretmaker.com/

screenshot
    http://www.secretmaker.com/images/securemakergui.jpg

thie is what they claim

These various mandatory and helpful services are:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 7, 2007
  2. acr1965

acr1965 Registered Member

This looks very interesting. I may give it a try. If someone else tries it be sure and post what you think.

3. korb

korb Registered Member

i get an error when i tried to enable system protection,seem to conflict with some program i had.go to uninstall itfor now

4. steve161

steve161 Registered Member

Hi Korb:

From the EULA:

L
    If you will, take a look and see what it left behind.

5. webster

webster Registered Member

It shutdown with an error when i tried to enable it. Got the same error, every time i tried to start it. Uninstalled it too.

6. dmenace

dmenace Registered Member

So Secretmaker has changed into Securemaker...

This feature in particular is interesting:

"Privacy Securer offers the only feasible solution, because it permanently changes specific computer information to phantoms prior to its release. Privacy Securer sends phantoms (impersonal information) about your specific PC, disabling specific profile matching by advertisers.

Privacy Securer will mask your computer’s unique information when it’s requested by a web site. Privacy Securer protects you from profiling by suppressing the common denominator and sending dummy data instead. Privacy Securer prevents the merging of collected data into a specific profile.

Furthermore, Privacy Securer gives a profiler the impression that you are part of a network, with many computers behind it. With this unique technology, there is no need to hide your IP address through Proxy Servers or Anonymous Services."

Anyone knows whether this actually works?
    I got a feeling that this claim is a bit too good to be true. Has anyone tested this?

Also I think while any free software is a good thing ... why is it freeo_O I mean nobody here knows about the company that makes securemaker... :blink:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.