SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Just got an update to v4.3.2

2. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

3. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Thank you, Tarnak, for helping to announce :)
    We have just released SecureAPlus version 4.3.2. We will publish the release notes soon.

4. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

You're welcome. :)

I have only updated the Surface Book... I still have to update my desktop, which is running XP Pro.

5. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

SecureAPlus version 4.3.2 is out now

Last edited: Sep 14, 2016
  6. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

My first attempt at updating failed because it got stuck (image below) so I had to reboot and re-download it from the site vs the program and everything worked fine. :eek:

Image1.png

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Unfortunate for you. But, glad the second attempt worked out. I have found the update progresses fine, and following the reboot all is well, usually.

P.S. With XP I know where the installer temp file is located, so I can save copy of the latest installer, before I reboot to complete the install, and it disappears.

P.P.S. With the update of my Surface Book with Windows 10, yesterday I couldn't save a copy of the installer before having to reboot to complete the update. Maybe, @hendy can advise. ;)

8. Chuck57

Chuck57 Registered Member

Just moved to SecureAPlus from Sophos after watching 4 or 5 YouTube reviews and watching SecureAPlus catch every single thing on all of them. That is impressive. I'm also impressed at how light it runs. Running it in conjunction with Voodooshield and there seems to be no problem after 2 days. No criticisms in this short time but just wanted to say I'm liking it.

9. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Do you mean the offline installer? https://www.secureaplus.com/download/download-thank-you/#fullinstall

You can also download it directly from: https://secureaplus.secureage.com/download/SecureAPlusSetup_v4.3.2.exe

10. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

11. hendy

hendy Registered Member

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

@hendy Yes, thanks...I will download and save to an external hard drive. But, what I would like to know [for future] is when the update comes through, where is it stored in Windows 10, such is for XP, i.e. C:\Documents and Settings\My Name\Local Settings\Temp

13. hendy

hendy Registered Member

You can enter: %temp% in Windows File Explorer.

14. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Got it! ;) :) But, there are 755 files in that location, so I will have to delete quite a lot of these files, since obviously many are no longer required.

15. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus version 4.3.3.

In this version we are introducing new features that may be useful for enterprise customers.
    There are 2 new features to highlight:
    1. Pre-approve whitelist. The administrator can pre-approve an application through SecureAPlus portal.
    2. Non-trusted users can request for whitelist approval when the application that the user want to run get blocked.

Some other modifications and bugs fixed:

Bugs fixed:
    - In Windows 10, the OS was not able to terminate sanotifier.exe during sign out.
    - Premium Trial button appears even for Premium user (this bug started from v4.3.2).
    - "C:\Program Files\SecureAge" folder was not deleted during uninstallation.
    - Manual scanner crashed when delete all infected files (this bug started from v4.3.1).
    - Manual scanner dialog is too big for 1024x768 screen resolution.
    - SecureAPluService.exe crashes in Windows 7 SP1 32-bit, while updating Windows Security Center after boot-up.

Modifications:
    - Change "Go to log location" to "Go to log locations".
    - Set Universal AV scheduled scanning to 24 hours.

What's new:
    - Clicking on VirusTotal detection ratio will open VirusTotal link at the browser.
    - Japanese translation for online SecureAPlus installer.

16. Mops21

Mops21 Registered Member

Hi all

SecureAPlus version 4.3.3 is out now

With best Regards
    Mops21

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 4, 2016
  17. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We are shutting down our server now for upgrading. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

18. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Our server is up now. We are still monitoring how it goes. Due to some backlog during the shutdown, some users may still experiencing problem in retrieving their full system scan results. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

19. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

20. Poppey

Poppey Registered Member

Hello, I have installed the Premium Version. The first scan takes very long. Now, after I restart my pc SecureAPlus can not connect to the server. Error code 12029. I don't think it is a probelm of my firewall, because the update check works. I disabled the Firewall and I get the same Error. Is this normal that the server ist sometimes down or make I something wrong?

21. truestampede

truestampede Registered Member

Hi All,

Just for the information of our Wilders Security Forum users,

https://secureaplusforum.secureage.com/index.php/topic,308.0.html

Tldr; VirusTotal has asked us to remove it so we are honoring their request in the upcoming update release. Users can still use VirusTotal whenever SecureAPlus blocks something, but will have to do so manually.

22. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Sometimes this may happened when the server was having very high traffic. We will try to improve this, but this may take some time.

23. NWOAbschaum

Hello @hendy,
    i have two questions.
    First, when i got a alert, the virustotal report is always a error with 403. U know why this happens?
    The second. i have 2 premium keys(both from giveaways running on my and my girlfriend machine) i have a secureaplus account but both are listen as freemium. is it because this are giveaways licenses? They come from the Softpedia giveaway some month ago.

Thanks for u answer and have a nice day :)

24. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Hello,

For status code 403 from VirusTotal, please refer to the following links for further details:
    https://secureaplusforum.secureage.com/index.php/topic,308.0.html
    http://blog.secureaplus.com/an-important-update-on-second-opinion-scanning-virus-total

Regarding to license, please send us your SecureAPlus Id, license code, and the e-mail address that you used for SecureAPlus account, to secureaplus@secureage.com.

Have a nice day.

25. NWOAbschaum

Thank you for your help. I have send the e-mail. well, the universal av is still there so it should be no problem at all. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.