SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I'm having trouble finding the beta download link now. I'm logged into the Portal. Where can I download the latest beta? I looked under beta in the Portal, but I don't see any option to download the beta. The link is also not available under Latest SecureAPlus release on the forum.

2. agustina

agustina Registered Member

3. guest

guest Guest

If I disable the real time scanning the universal AV will work only on demand?

Where I can see now the list of files being uploaded? it doesn't give a lot of confidence if this option is not available again.

4. Cutting_Edgetech

Ok, thank you for the info!

5. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Go to "Info & Licenses"->"Diagnosis". Click on "Go to log location". The uploaded files are recorded in UniversalAV.log

6. Pablo87

Pablo87 Registered Member

I installed secureaplus yesterday, but after the reboot spotify was not working anymore, removed secure and could install spotify and use it as normal

is it fixable?

7. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We installed spotify with SecureAPlus in Windows 10 64-bit, but can't reproduce the issue that you reported. May I know what OS that you are using? Is there any other utilities or security product that you installed besides of SecureAPlus?

8. IvoShoen

IvoShoen Registered Member

9. Iangh

Iangh Registered Member

What happens after one year? In plain English, please. Is there an automatic extension, or not?

10. taleblou

taleblou Registered Member

It seems secureaplus is incompatible with Sophos. During installing sophos, it asked for the in-compatible secureaplus to be uninstalled. After uninstalling secureaplus, sopho home AV began to install.

So guys over at secureaplus should look into this.

11. toxinon12345

toxinon12345 Registered Member

ESET detected it as a greyware e.g. Potentially Unwanted Application

12. Cutting_Edgetech

Which version of SecureAPlus did you install? Did you install the version with, or without the Offline AV?

13. taleblou

the latest version with antivirus.

secureaplus uses clamwin as antivirus and sopho should have detected that and not secureaplus if its the antivirus?

I moved to use sophos and that's one solid and great free AV. I wished I used it before. I tested it and it blocked all malwares even a few minute old ones (just came out zero-days). The only tweaking allowed is for the website filtering and thats it.

14. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

That's the Offline AV. If users want to use SecureAPlus as a complimentary antivirus, then they have to use the one without the Offline AV.

15. taleblou

well if you say so. I do not want to retry it using the non av secureaplus one. maybe someone can try it in a VM to see if any issue.

16. Cutting_Edgetech

You should try using the version of SAP without the offline AV as already stated by Azure Phoenix. That's why I asked which version you tried. I was afraid that might be the problem, and there's no way of knowing if that will fix your problem without trying the version without the offline AV. I think they will work together though, and if not the developers could correct the issue. Make a full image backup, and try the other version at a time convenient for yourself.

17. taleblou

for now i feel very safe with sophos av and no more need for secureaplus for now.

18. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We are pleased to announce the release of SecureAPlus v4.2.2

This is the first version that supports multi languages.The following languages are supported now: French, German, Indonesian, Japanese, Polish.
    Due to some last minute text modification, a few text in some languages are still in English. This will be fixed once we get the updated translation from our translators.

There is a report about the slowness in LibreOffice 5 when the real-time scanning is enabled. We have improved this in this version.
    If others are still experiencing slowness in the specific application please let us know which application that is slow down. If we can reproduce it on our side, we will try to fix it.

Here are the list of some bugs fixed:
    - Crash in SecureAPlus.exe when it is unable to communicate with the server. This bug starts from v4.2.1.
    - "Show all trust level" was not working properly if drive is selected (Reference: https://malwaretips.com/threads/secureaplus-freemium.17236/page-14#post-498763).
    - When license expired detected during initial full system scan, the animation will keep continuously shows scanning in progress.
    - Universal AV unable to display an infected file if it is in the Windows protected folder, where user account do not have access rights to the folder.
    - In 32-bit OS, account page was not shown.

19. Djigi

Djigi Registered Member

20. Tyrizian

Tyrizian Registered Member

I would like to know this as well.

21. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

I suspect SAP will run only as a WL/AE application.

Just as well since its already compatible with existing anti-virus products.

22. hayc59

hayc59 Updates Team

Is this program pretty light weight? how does it work with MBAM?
    thanks

SecureAPlus Freemium
    comes with a ONE-YEAR FREE LICENSE but users can also join the Referral Program to extend the license and to even earn a free perpetual user license. For more information, please visit the "Referral Program" webpage.

23. NormanF

NormanF Registered Member

If you already have MBAM/MBAE, its unnecessary.

If you don't, it could be a good stand-alone AE.

24. NWOAbschaum

NWOAbschaum Registered Member

They still have there own cloud with 12 avs engines. So even when virustotal isnt alowed anymore the detection should be still decent and i dont see any problem with that.

25. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Some users reported that occasionally their computer hang when using SecureAPlus version 4.2.2.
    We released version 4.2.3 to fix this issue.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.