SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

I tried it but the home screen is higher than my laptop screen which is annoying. I thought there was a new gui? I still see current gui when I click settings.

2. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Well, that was never conveyed in the instructions, that I saw for the beta. So, how do I fix? Btw, I did reboot as required.

ScreenShot_SAP_v4.1 beta 1_05.gif

3. hendy

hendy Registered Member

May I know what is the OS that you are using, and your screen resolution?
    We haven't completed all the UI revamp yet, as we would like to assess how the user feel with the new UI.
    If there are a lot of reasonable feedback to change the new UI apperance (e.g. themes, pictures, animation, etc), we would like to understand this earlier, so that we could implement them in the subsequent Beta release.
    At this first release we are focusing on some area of the main console, and new UI for manual scanner.

For the details of what's new and changes can be found at:
    https://secureaplusforum.secureage.com/index.php/topic,169.msg475.html

4. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We are very sorry that we did not mention this clearly in our instructions. After you restarted the machine, you should see the new UI if you accessing the main console, or doing manual scanning (right click, scan, at Windows Explorer).

5. Overkill

Win 7 Pro, 1366x768

Why does SAP scan network drives? I installed it on one of my machines and the full scan was taking forever, so I checked and found out it was scanning my other computer that's on the network!

Last edited: Oct 16, 2015
  6. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Using Windows 10, settings are as default.

No, i didn't enlarge the text.

The previous version displays correctly with the same settings.

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      115.2 KB
      Views:
    • 2.jpg
      2.jpg
      File size:
      125.2 KB
      Views:
  7. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Thank you for your information. We will fix the text cut off issues on the next beta release.

Currently SAP did not detect drive type. I think skipping network drive may help to improve the initial full scan performance. We will do this on the next release, including for the official SAP release.

8. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We are trying to use different technology to make the new UI. The results may be different in different hardware or configurations. We will figure out how to solve this. Thank you very much for informing us.

9. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I reinstalled v3.4.3 and changed it to manual update in the settings. Then I installed the beta version over the top, but it still does not open the GUI. I guess I have wait for the next beta version, to remedy.

ScreenShot_SAP_ v3.4.3_reinstall_after problem_01_01.gif

ScreenShot_SAP_ v3.4.3_reinstall_after problem_01_02.gif

10. Overkill

Thanks Hendy

11. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Have you rebooted after installation? The new main console will only appear after reboot. However, you can try to test the manual scanner ( right click, scan, in Windows explorer). The manual scanner usually does not require reboot.

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Of course, I rebooted...Now, I don't understand, this "right click scan, in Windows Explorer"...Can you explain?

P.S. I am not the applicable snapshot, for the moment.

13. hendy

hendy Registered Member

What I mean is that you right click on a file on folder in Windows Explorer, and choose scan.

upload_2015-10-17_14-8-45.png

14. smith2006

smith2006 Registered Member

Will test again with the next release.

Thank you!

15. hendy

hendy Registered Member

We have just released a new SecureAPlus Beta version 4.1.1.
    We are trying to fix the UI issues as you have reported. Please kindly try again to check whether it solves the issue at your machine.
    For Tarnak, from your screen capture we finally realize that you are running in XP, and we found out that the previous Beta version was not able to run in XP. You may try again using this version to see whether it helps.
    Thank you for all.

16. Cutting_Edgetech

Cutting_Edgetech Registered Member

I was unable to conduct a right click AV scan using the context menu in version 3.2.2. The scan never would progress past 0 percent complete. After I upgraded to version 4.1.0 (or maybe it was 4.1.1) I was able to conduct a right click scan again. Maybe the cloud was down when I tried the scan, or maybe it was a bug with 3.2.2. I'm using Windows 7X64 Ultimate.

17. Cutting_Edgetech

Is there a separate installer for 4.1.1? The latest beta installer listed on the forum still says 3.2.2. It's been a while since I tested SecureAPlus.

18. hendy

hendy Registered Member

The installer for the beta version is in the SecureAPlus Portal. I'm sorry I forgot to update the download page in the portal earlier. I have updated the version to 4.1.1 about 1 hour ago.
    upload_2015-10-27_11-7-30.png

19. Cutting_Edgetech

It's still showing version 3.2.2 in the portal for me. I logged into the portal, and version 3.2.2 is what is available to me. I think maybe there is a different portal now because I just noticed that there is a different forum available than the one I logged into. I guess I need to create another account, or something. It seems a lot has changed.

20. Cutting_Edgetech

That was it. I'm logging into the old beta portal. I did not know there was a new portal. I just created another account, and joined the beta program.

21. truestampede

truestampede Registered Member

Hi Cutting_Edgetech,

You would need to have a SecureAPlus Account. The fastest place to get on board the new beta is by going to the SecureAPlus Beta Sign Up page - this creates a new SecureAPlus Account, Forum Account, and automatically makes you a Beta Tester.

If you already have an account, you can simply login and convert the account to a Beta Tester by clicking on the new Beta Section on the side bar of the SecureAPlus Portal.

For full details of the New SecureAPlus Beta Program you can go to the Full Announcement page.

Also make sure to subscribe to the SecureAPlus Newsletter and include the option to receive Beta News & Updates.

We look forward to receiving your feedback during testing.

22. Cutting_Edgetech

Thank you! I just created a new account, and signed up for the beat program. I did not know I could convert my old account. I'm not sure there is any advantage to converting the old account. I did not use it very long. I guess I will just use the new account for now. I will read more about the new beta program tomorrow.

23. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Thanks...Yes, I still run XP. ;)

This time I got the GUI to open...However, It seems to be mixture of the new and old elements for parts of the GUI.

ScreenShot_SAP_v4.1.1 beta 2_09.gif

ScreenShot_SAP_v4.1.1 beta 2_13.gif

24. Overkill

I have a question, I have "trust based on digital signature" unticked, but SAP still allows certain apps to install without any alerts at all such as ccleaner. Is this normal behavior?

25. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I have tried many times this evening to get into my account, but only managed once, and that enabled me to download the beta...earlier this evening. However, I keep getting the following, and when I then click on 'here', it just shows a blank screen.

ScreenShot_SAP_v4.1.1 beta 2_16.gif

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.