SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Overkill

Overkill Registered Member

#1 as far as I can remember

2. hendy

hendy Registered Member

In the Application Whitelisting -> Advanced Mode setting, did you choose to untick "Trust based on digital signature"?
    From the log file that you sent to us, the sandboxie installer was not trusted as an installer, although it is signed. This cause all the dlls and exe created by the sandboxie installer are not trusted. When you run sandboxie you will get more prompting, because all the dlls required by sandboxie are not trusted. For this case, you can try to click "More", tick on "Remember my answer for the entire process.", and click on "Yes".

3. Overkill

AHHH That is the culprit...which option should I choose under "Trust based on digital signature"? It defaults to the middle option

4. hendy

hendy Registered Member

I would suggest that you choose the middle option. It's a kind of balance between security and convenient.

5. Overkill

Much appreciated :thumb:

6. ufakai75

ufakai75 Registered Member

is this product much better protection than the more popular freeware av's? :thumbd:

Last edited: Jan 13, 2015
  7. guest

guest Guest

It's an excellent complement to any normal av

8. ufakai75

:thumbd:
    As a non- geek, have read many pages of this thread. Would like to have Secure APlus on my machine, however, after reading all the " tweaks" and adjustments...not sure if it's for me. This all goes over my head...isn't there a more set it and forget it version for non- geeks such as me?:thumbd::D

9. ufakai75

This may be a dumb question, but is this a anti virus, anti malware, or both?:thumbd::D Am not a geek as I previously mentioned.:):D

10. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Usually you don't need to do any "tweaks" and adjustments to use SecureAPlus. It is designed to be friendly to non-geek users, so it is a kind of install and forget. Most of the users in this forum are geek users, so usually they will try to change the default settings and to suit their needs. Changing the default settings can sometimes increase the level of the security, but it may also decrease the convenient of use. That's why some of them post questions to clarify and to understand more about the advanced settings that SecureAPlus provides.

You may give it a try. Please feel free to give us any feedback if you find there is anything to improve to make it more friendly for non-geek users. In fact the version of SecureAPlus that you see today is based on a lot of input from non-geek and geek users.

11. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Malware is actually a single term that refers to virus, worm, trojan, rootkit, etc.
    So you can say that SecureAPlus is both, anti virus and anti malware :)

12. ufakai75

:)
    Thanks for reply. Will try SecureAPlus at default settings and get back to you with feedback.:D:)

13. ufakai75

Hi Hendy, downloaded SecureAPlus, the taskbar icon wouldn't open GUI. No icon provided to start on left side of screen. At first the GUI looked clear and easy enough to navigate, even for me, but was surprised to have no GUI acess. Had no choice but to uninstall...would like to download again when I get 2-3 hours spare time. Sorry to 'Dis" your program, but that is what it did.:confused::'(:(

14. hendy

hendy Registered Member

During initial full system scan, to open the GUI, click on "Surf App".
    Surf App.png

After initial full system scan, you can open the GUI either by clicking on SecureAPlus icon, or right click on the taskbar icon, click on "Open SecureAPlus". The right click method always works regardless whether the initial full system scan has been completed or not.
    open_secureaplus.png

May be you can try again when you have spare time.

15. ufakai75

Thanks Hendy...will touch base soon.:):D

16. ufakai75

Hey again. Tried again...download 4 min. vs. 26 min. Am awaiting initial scan to finish. Do I need to register for initial 1 year license? Followed your instructions and have GUI access... thank you:) Am excited about this product.:D If I can do this...any"newbie" can.:shifty: Will touch base later after checking out system impact and performance.:thumb: Thanks again for your patience and good info. Some aren't as polite or patient with us non-geeks.:gack: :thumb::)

17. Azure Phoenix

Azure Phoenix Registered Member

First year is free. You can also extend it with the Referral Program
    https://secureaplus.secureage.com/Main/referral_program.php

Additionally it seems they also like to offer giveaway keys during holidays
    as seen in:
    post #1169
    https://www.wilderssecurity.com/threads/secureaplus-freemium.350914/page-47
    If you want to use those keys, I think you should wait for an official representative to confirm that if they are still usable for 2 years.

18. ufakai75

:)
    Thanks Azure Phoenix :)

19. ufakai75

The offline av slowed down my system big time.:( Removed it and system actually responds slightly faster than before the SecureAPlus install :). Will stay with this and touch base later. As for now only positive system impact and fully functional system.:):D:cool:

20. treehouse786

treehouse786 Registered Member

SecureAPlus Freemium

21. hendy

hendy Registered Member

Glad to hear that now you have positive system impact and fully functional system. :)

22. hendy

hendy Registered Member

23. RLim

RLim Registered Member

Last edited: Jan 19, 2015
  24. guest

guest Guest

I see it's limited to a few av's do you plan to have this feature to al the av's
    Now It would be great to have a way to report FP's, maybe you can do something so when someones sends a FP this will go directly to the AV vendor so you have review it.

btw thanks for adding it

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2015
  25. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

The new site looks fantastic...very clear, and easy to follow. :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.