SecureAPlus Freemium

Discussion in 'other anti-virus software' started by sinlam, Jul 24, 2013.

1. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I got it! :thumb:

ScreenShot_SecureAplus_initial database_02.gif

ScreenShot_SecureAplus_initial database_03.gif

2. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi guys,

Your long awaited SecureAPlus Beta is finally released for testing :)

We will still be using the same UI at this moment but we will further enhance it and hopefully we can get it out by SecureAPlus Beta 2 program. We will also be adding more AV engines for Universal AV over time.

For those existing beta testers, you can download and install SecureAPlus Beta at http://beta.secureaplus.com/Beta2/betaportal_download.php. If you already have SecureAPlus on your computer, you can simply install SecureAPlus beta over it. But please take note of the system requirements as well as this message before installing on your computer:

"As stipulated in SecureAPlus End User License Agreement, SecureAPlus will automatically upload the file hashes of exe, dll, msi and scripts from your computer to Universal AV server for continuous file scanning. It does not upload any document files since they are scanned by SecureAPlus local antivirus component. Please do not install SecureAPlus Beta if you do not wish to upload any file hashes. If you have any privacy concern, please email to secureaplus@secureage.com."

For those who are interested to test the new SecureAPlus, you can sign up as a beta tester at http://beta.secureaplus.com.

So what are you waiting for? Come and let's embark on this exciting testing journey together :D Please give as many feedback as possible in SecureAPlus Beta Forum or to secureaplus@secureage.com.

Cheers,
    sinlam

3. KelvinW4

KelvinW4 Registered Member

Hi Sinlam, congratulations on your release!! Do you have a changelog for us?
    And any details on universal AV? Thanks.

4. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks. Hope you will enjoy testing it ;)

We do not have a changelog now but we will have one in the subsequent beta releases. You can go to the Resource Center at SecureAPlus Beta Portal for the installation guide and user guide.

Cheers,
    sinlam

5. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Supported Operating Systems:

Windows 8.1 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    Windows 8 (32-bit and 64-bit)
    Windows 7 Home Basic and above (32-bit and 64-bit) and above

Says, nothing about XP... Not supported?

6. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Tarnak, unfortunately not for beta 1 but we will support it during beta 2.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

7. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

Lucky I spotted that, otherwise if I had installed the Beta over the top, I might have caused a problem with my system.;)

8. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Guys, we have just released the latest SecureAPlus Beta v2.2.1. Join us as a beta tester if you are interested to test the revamped version of SecureAPlus at http://beta.secureaplus.com.

Cheers,
    sinlam

9. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Tarnak, the beta version now support Windows XP but only SP3. If you are using SP3, you can start testing it now.

Cheers,
    sinlam

10. ichito

ichito Registered Member

Thanks Sinlam :thumb:
    I'm was waiting for it...each one installation of previous version on my XP or Vista was just unsuccesful. I hope now would be better :)

11. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi ichito, so glad to see you again :) Hopefully this version will work for you. Please post it at SecureAPlus Beta Forum if you encounter any problem.

Cheers,
    sinlam

12. Tarnak

Tarnak Registered Member

I am running the beta as I post here. Also, see my post in your SecureAPlus Beta Forum. :)

13. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Anyone with Comodo Time Machine 2.8 installed tried the new SecureAPlus beta on XP SP3 32 Bits & any probs?

Anyone with XP SP3 32 Bits with 512 MB RAM tried the new SecureAPlus beta & any probs?

14. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Thanks narenbisht for posting this here.

If anyone face any compatibility issue with SecureAPlus beta, please let me know and we will look into it ;)

15. khanyash

khanyash Registered Member

Sinlam,
    I am Yash from your i.e SecureAPlus forum.

16. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

17. trjam

trjam Registered Member

Yep, I was going to report this myself and congrats on what may be one of the most interesting beta products yet.

This beta has worked like a charm for me and is proceeding very well. Keep up the great work.:thumb:

18. Malware fighter

Malware fighter Registered Member

Hi,
    can you use this AV like on demand scanner, i.e. disable startup with windows /disable protection ?

19. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Thank you for your compliment and encouragement, trjam :) Glad that you find the new product concept interesting.

We are currently working hard on resolving some teething issues with the beta version. If you have any suggestion, please feel free to comment ;)

Cheers,
    sinlam

20. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi Malware fighter,

Are you referring to the Universal AV component? If yes, Universal AV does not support on-demand scanning at this moment but we have put it as one of the development pipeline. Universal AV is an added layer of defense to your computer and basically does continuous background scanning of the executable files in the cloud.

If you are interested to find out more information, please feel free to sign up as a beta tester to test it out. We welcome all kinds of feedback and bugs reports to improve the usability and performance of SecureAPlus beta.

Cheers,
    sinlam

21. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Hi guys,

We have released the latest SecureAPlus Beta v2.2.2. Good news to those Windows Vista users. This new version can now support Windows Vista SP2 and above.

We have improved the performance of SecureAPlus by the following bugs fixes and enhancements:

1. Fixed - When switching from "History" to "Quarantine" interface, the dialog box will freeze whilst in the midst of populating the table.
    2. Fixed - Keyscrambler driver was not trusted during installation.
    3. Fixed - Memory leak in the Application Whitelisting service.
    4. Improve the background initial whitelisting speed when it is set to fast. It will be great if some of you can test this out by uninstalling SecureAPlus and reinstalling this new version on your computer.
    5. Improve the submission of new hashes process for Universal AV.
    6. Users will be notified as soon as the very first infected file is detected.
    7. Display the detected antivirus engines in the Quarantine and History.
    8. "View log" button at Universal AV dialog box.
    9. Add in the daily file upload limit options: Unlimited (default setting), 1 GB, 100 MB and 10 MB at the Universal AV dialog box.

If you have already installed SecureAPlus Beta on your computer and your default setting is automatic update, you do not have to do anything as it will be automatically updated upon your next reboot.

You can go to http://beta.secureaplus.com/Beta2/betaportal_download.php to view the latest changelog or download the latest SecureAPlus Beta v2.2.2.

Looking forward to hearing all your comments :)

Cheers,
    sinlam

22. guest

guest Guest

Thanks for the update, please make ClamAV optional for the next release or at least a setting to deactivate it completely.

Another suggestion would be: since SAP relies completely on the internet connection to work, there should be a way to inform about if SAP is connected or not to internet. This should be visible and clear in the tray icon and with a balloon notification when something changes.
    A feature to automatically try to connect through, direct connection, proxy... the idea is that SAP will try to connect with settings 1 (direct connection), if it can't it will try with setting 2 (proxy)... if is not able to connect it will inform the user via tray icon.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2014
  23. siketa

siketa Registered Member

They will in the final version but during beta period we need to test the complete product ... ;)

24. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Thanks for the suggestion, guest :thumb: We will see how best we can achieve this. But we definitely need to inform the users if the connection fails.

Hi guys, if you have other suggestions, please feel free to comment :)

Cheers,
    sinlam

25. sinlam

sinlam Registered Member

Yes, you are right siketa ;) Wow, thanks for following all my postings at SecureAPlus Beta Forum closely :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.