secure Zone

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by jjohanneson, Jan 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjohanneson

jjohanneson Registered Member

I recently upgraded from sp1 to 2... I left an image in the secure zone and now trueimage does not see the zone when I try to recver. Funny, when I try to manage the zone, it shows that there is a zone, but it is greyed out.

HELP! I purchased version 7 and upgraded. I cannot find my serial number and the e-mail recovers of that is not working for me...

I will cotact them I gess on monday and try a re-install but would like to get this thing back asap.

Thanks!

btw, upgraded from sp1 to sp2.... and hosed the system.

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello jjohanneson,

Thank you for choosing Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

We are really sorry for the inconveniences.

Could you please clarify whether you upgraded only service pack or Acronis True Image as well (it is not clear from your post)? Try to decrease the size of Acronis Secure Zone using the "Manage Acronis Secure Zone" tool. Also please tell whether you have any images in the Acronis Secure Zone or not.

I can recommend also that you send Acronis Report to support@acronis.com because it displays all your partition layout including Acronis Secure Zone (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 to learn how to create Acronis Report). Also you may see it if you navigate to "Start" -> "Control Panel" -> "Administrative Tools" -> "Computer Management" -> "Disk Management".

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. jjohanneson

wow, fast reply!

I upgraded both tosp and from acronis 7 to 8.

I can try to grab the report...

i also try to access the zone not from within windows but from disaster reovery prior to booting windows. no luck in it finding the zone...

Also, cannot icrease the zone partition, even though nthe zone is greyed out.

I dwnloaded the program from the web site,thought I registed but it is not sendig me codes so i can reinstall which might work.

can I get serial number from program another way so I can at least try that way which may be a quicker fix hopeully.

4. Acronis Support

Hello jjohanneson,

To create Acronis Report you don't need a serial number. Could you please send me a PM with the e-mail address you indicated when you purchased the software (providing you have purchased it on-line). Also you may send this e-mail address in the letter with the report indicating that you have lost your serial number.

I recommend that you describe your problem in the letter or give the link to this thread so that your problem could be solved faster. If you don't get any reponse within 48 hours please send me a PM with your Acronis request #.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. jjohanneson

Sent it off to support. i see the patition, although it says it does not contain anthing... is this because windows cannot access?

6. Acronis Support

Hello jjohanneson,

Currently I don't think I have any exact ideas of why the partition seems to be empty. That is why I aksed you for the diagnostics you have already sent to our Support Team. If you don't get any response for a long time please let me know your Acronis request #.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.