Secure Zone unavailable

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Diegop, Oct 8, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diegop

Diegop Guest

The history: in TrueImage 8 every few month I got the message that the secure zone was full. It didn't clean up by itself, I had to remove the secure zone and reinstall it again.Since this didn't happen very often I could live with it.
    Recently though the message was that the backup failed because the secure zone was full. But this time I wasn't able to remove it, the program didn't offer taht option anymore. I could see the secure zoen was still there, 20 Gb big, 0 bytes free space.

Planning to buy TrueImage9 anyway, I hoped this would solve my problem. But it didn't. I can see my partitions and also the secure zone, but it is greyed out. There is no option to remove it or empty it.
    What can I do to get going again?

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Diegop,

Thank you for using Acronis True Image.

Please accept our apologies for the delay with the response.

We suggest you the following workaround:

- Go to Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Computer Management -> Storage -> Disk Management
    - Delete the Acronis Secure Zone

Then you will be able to set up a new one with Acronis True Image. If you want to avoid difficulties in the future - make sure there is enough free space in the Acronis Secure Zone before creating the image.

Thank you.
    --
    Alexander Fedotov

3. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Not the advice I would expect when I thought TI was supposed to do this automatically

4. wcho

wcho Registered Member

I agreed, I don't think support know that this is a bug and not a feature. I always get the same reponse from support to download the latest build and retest. Customers like myself just want a reliable and dependable imaging tool and not sign up as tester for Acronis. Support should tell us if the problem is a known bug or not.
    I have many problems with the secure zone with v9 that I stop testing. I waste too many days already with v9.
    Acronis should provide detailed release notes that address know problem reports with new releases so that customers can make the proper decision regarding an upgrade. Right now the product (build 2303) is not dependable and company is losing credibility fast.

5. Menorcaman

Menorcaman Retired Moderator

Hello Tex,

Only automatic up to a certain point. As Acronis Support have often stated before, the rules for managing free space in the Secure Zone are as follows (hilight inserted by me):

Regards

6. Texcritter

Texcritter Registered Member

Hi Menoraman
    Thanks for that explanation I now understand what he was referring to.
    Sorry for the late reply but I lost track of this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.