Secure Zone protection....

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by Jaxx, Mar 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaxx

Jaxx Registered Member

I understand that viruses can't attack the secure zone directly. But if you get a virus on your system and TI backs up the virus to your secure zone, then its compromised, correct? Thx!
    Jaxx
    ps- I figured i've been posting enough questions that it was time to register :)

2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jaxx,

Thank you for your continued interest in Acronis True Image (http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/).

If you create the image of the infected partition this virus will be also included into the image. However, it will not attack any images in Acronis Secure Zone or any other files. The virus will be "frozen" in Acronis Secure Zone and will be inactive until you restore the image.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

3. Jaxx

Jaxx Registered Member

Thanks. Will the virus also be frozen in a backup that is not a part of the secure zone, until it is restored?

4. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

Hello Jaxx,

Yes, it will. However, if you explore the image the virus can infect files on your computer. And the worst thing is that no antivirus can cure the infected files in the image because the files are in read-only mode and therefore cannot be changed.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.