Secure Zone delete error: prompt help needed

Discussion in 'Acronis True Image Product Line' started by ngo69, Mar 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

Hi everyone.
    I am sorry to post this a new thread as I have it under the thread of MFT bitmap corrupted (https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?p=396103#post396103), but I cant not wait as today is Satuday, and it seem Acrinis Support is not working.

My prblem is I have deleted the Secure Zone from IT and it finished it successfully. But then I did not see the free space recovered back to my drives, even after many reboots and use of scandisk. What should I do now? It seems I lost part of my partition? Anyone having same problem, please help me. Does uninstalling IT help?

Thanks

Last edited: Mar 12, 2005
  2. Acronis Support

Acronis Support Acronis Support Staff

3. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

It did not work for me.IT said it can not create Secure Zone on the selected drive, when choosing no partition. My question is: is uninstallation of IT would help with this problem??

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  4. Acronis Support

Hello ngo69,

This is really strange that you couldn't create Acronis Secure Zone using the unallocated space. Could you please create Acronis Report (please see https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=55317 for the instructions) and send it to support@acronis.com along with the link to this thread? We will certainly help you with the solution.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

5. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

I have sent the requested report, but dont think that I'll get any answer, as I sent email to you 4 times without receiving any reply within the last 3 days. Hope you service works this time.

Again, my simple question is: would uninstalling IT help solve the problem?? or things would get even worse, and maybe I could never get back the space to my partition?

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  6. chf1949

chf1949 Registered Member

after making the desired change try a power-off reboot of the machine and see if the sz has been deleted and reasigned. it seems some machines will recognize the change using soft reboots, others require power-off reboots.

chf1949

7. Acronis Support

Hello ngo69,

Please let me know you Acronis request # which was sent to you in autoreply? I will find out the reason for the delay.

As for uninstalling, it will not solve the problem with space allocation because according to your description you have deleted Acronis Secure Zone without giving the free space to another partition.

Thank you.
    --
    Ilya Toytman

8. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

Acronis #210680. This is also my first problem with MFT bitmap corrupted, then I replied this Secure Zone problem to it. I have sent you all together 4 emails. PLease check.

Actually, thought I did not describe here, I did assign TI to give the free space back to the original partition (E: drive) and I did describe it in my other thread about MFT bitmap error.
    Please check there again. https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=70133

As you can see in the screenshots I sent, the E: drive originally have 11.35 GB, then I created Secure zone of 2.1 GB, it was down to 9.26 as indicated by Explorer. Now, when I deleted it and gave back the space to E:, TI did not, as you can see there is no change in Explorer, but in TI itself, it indicates that E now has 11.35 GB but with 11.09GB used. that means the 2 GB of the secure zone is still somewhere but Explorer can not recognize it. Even now, if I try your way to recreate the Secure zone using E: (as TI did not allow me to do it without shoosing nay partition), TI only allow me the lasgest possible space of 1.4GB, which was 2.1GB before. I have another question: could it solve the problem if I recreate the Secure zone from E: as descibe above (1.4GB) and then delete it as you suggested in the other thread??

About your Service, I really dont understand the delay, as everyday you post me some answer on the forum asking me to send you some requested report or screenshot, but then you said you did not receive them? How come?

Thank you.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  9. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

I want to added something which even complicated my situation. As I could not wait for your answer to my question if receating SZ from the same original partition is ok, I read on the forum and found someone did it that way and it helped. So, I did it myself. I created SZ (1.4GB) again from E:, which is now 9.8GB (accoriding to TI). After the reboot and notice from TI that SZ was successfully created, I deleted using Manage Acronis Secure Zone Wizard. I did assign TI to give back space to E:, see Screen00011. Then TI proceeded OK (Screen0002), notice the figure at the bottom, which says that my 9.8GB E: drive will become 11.35GB (as originally). I clicked Proceeed, and TI said SZ was deleted OK. I then checked my drive in Explorer, but nothing changed. I checked it with TI by trying to creat SZ again, then TI says my E: is 11.35GB with 9.03GB used Screen00031), which is correct as it originally was. I even reboot, no help. Explorer still could not recognized the reallocated space. In Windows Disk Manager then I have a different picture (see Screen00005). Actually, my drive E: before in the last post was only 9.2GB with some 200MB free, but now it becomes 9.8GB with 800MB free, that's strange?? Then I check in TI again, by tried to creat SZ again. Then I have another srange info about my drive (see Screen000032). Now, TI says my E: is 11.35GB but with 10.48GB used, which is exactly 1.4GB more than before, and this is the space of the SZ I created. Thus, I suspect that TI did not reallocated my space back to E:. But I could not figure out how to resolve this problem. I am really disappointed with TI after nearly one week of frustrated conresponding hopelessly for help and solution for something which should be normally problematic free such as that of the SZ in TI. I could never imagine that I could get into such trouble with a very highly recommended image backup software like TI 8.

Acronis Service, please help me get out of this trouble and I would highly appreciate your kindness.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 15, 2005
  10. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

2nd shot

Attached Files:

11. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

3rd shot

Attached Files:

12. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

4th shot

Attached Files:

13. ngo69

ngo69 Registered Member

5th shot

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.