Secure Site Access (https)

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by Max Power, Sep 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Max Power

Max Power Registered Member

Can anyone tell me what my problem may be so that I can ask in the appropriate section.

New installation of Windows 7 HP
    Browser: Mozilla Firefox
    Email Client: Mozilla Thunderbird
    Anti Virus System: Eset Smart Security

Problem:

When I try to log-in to secure sites I get 'This Connection is Untrusted' 'You have asked Firefox to connect securely to accounts.xxxxxx.com, but we can't confirm that your connection is secure. 'accounts.xxxxxx.com uses an invalid security certificate.

The certificate is not trusted because no issuer chain was provided. (Error code: sec_error_unknown_issuer)

And when I open Thunderbird I get:

An error occurred during a connection to live.mozillamessaging.com.

You have received an invalid certificate. Please contact the server administrator or email correspondent and give them the following information:

Your certificate contains the same serial number as another certificate issued by the certificate authority. Please get a new certificate containing a unique serial number.

(Error code: sec_error_reused_issuer_and_serial)

The first error does not happen when I log-in to secure sites using MS Internet Explorer

I have deleted and then renewed the cert8.db files in my Firefox & Thunderbird profiles but the problem still exists.

I have scanned my system using the installed Eset anti virus and scanned with Manwarebytes (in safe mode) but both scans did not find anything.

Can anyone advise me or direct me to a more appropriate section or forum.

Thanks in advance

Max

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.