Secunia software inspector

Discussion in 'other security issues & news' started by RexB, Dec 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Secunia software inspector?

I really like this new service and I have used it a few times now. The tool normally shows old or new versions of java, flash, microsoft, wmp etc. I checked with the inspector today and it shows only 2 results as undefined. They are checked as if they are current versions, and the details only state something about microsoft. I tried it with both IE7 and Firefox2 in both limited and administrator rights via dropmyrights. I use Avast free and I noticed that they have had 2 program updates the past 2 days which I updated manually. I also updated m$ today for this month which provided 2 updates one which was the malicious software removal tool and MS07-004/KB 929969.

Is anyone else getting the undefined results when checking with Secunia's tool?
    I am trying to eliminate my M$ update or Avast updates as the problem. It could be Secunia changing the way it scans. Any advice or insight will be welcomed. thanks, innerpeace

2. innerpeace

innerpeace Registered Member

Re: Secunia software inspector?

Ok, I ran ccleaner and checked again with IE7 and everything looked good. I had to reboot and then checked again with firefox2 which had trouble connecting with the site and finally ran the scan with good results. Secunia must have been updating or had temporary problems. I just found it strange because the program always worked great before. All is good now. :cool:

3. Rasheed187

Rasheed187 Registered Member

Java sucks major ass that´s what wrong with it, currently it refuses to install correctly on my system, not to mention all of the serious bugs in it. :gack:

Can anyone confirm this? Or does it have problems with virtual machines or something?

4. Ice_Czar

Ice_Czar Registered Member

I had to workup a checklist for the last computer I built so she could use it
    (1st link in the bookmarks toolbar)
    it had no problem with the AV (freeware Avast) but had to turn off the HIPS (ProcessGuard) and wouldnt run in the Sandbox (sandboxie)
    and was using the latest JRE 5.0.100.3 (which of course it checks)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.