Secunia PSI

Discussion in 'other software & services' started by JohnBurns, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JohnBurns

JohnBurns Registered Member

Just curious, is anyone having problems withSecunia PSI this morning? I can't seem to get it to update on either XP or Windows 7. I can get to the Secunia.com site, but not into the PSI Forums...making me believe they might be having server problems. Appreciate any input by those who use PSI. Thanks.

2. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

3. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Same here. When I booted this morning, its tooltray icon was showing red, so naturally I opened PSI for a status report. Even after the hourglass-icon disappeared, it never got past "Loading ...", although there were no hints of disk or internet activity at that point.

Two guesses -- firstly, with regard to the main topic, I'd bet on server problems at Secunia, which hopefully will get fixed soon. Secondly, possibly there's a new Flash update triggering that red-alert ... I haven't checked Adobe yet, and I've got 11.5.502.146.

Anyone know if Secunia's online version is working, or is that on the same server?

4. MikeBCda

MikeBCda Registered Member

Further to the above, my tooltray icon's now showing green although I've made no changes (did check Adobe, and my flash is right up to date).

So while it's not explicitly clear from anything I've seen about PSI, it would appear that a red icon could also indicate failure to connect with Secunia for comparison with their database, rather than that a security update is newly available for whatever.

5. Wild Hunter

Wild Hunter Former Poster

It's working now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.