Secunia Personal Software Inspector.

Discussion in 'other anti-malware software' started by JerryM, Dec 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Secunia Personal Software Inspector tells if your programs are up to date. AVs and security programs usually update automatically or we pay attention to manual updates.

Accordingly does Secunia Personal Software Inspector really do anything? I learned about it from Kim Komando's tips about going on line with a new computer. Thanks.

Regards,
    Jerry

2. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Yes it does. Security software or OS are not the only components needing updates. Browser components/add-ons need updates too just to mention one example, do you manually check for every little piece of software in your system?

I know I won't have the time for that. Some software do check for updates but too many won't do that (or the update checker won't work properly).

3. JerryM

JerryM Registered Member

Thanks for the help. I doubt I would even know which ones need updates. Evidently it can do no harm. I'll have to give it a try.

Regards,
    Jerry

4. lordpake

lordpake Registered Member

Just remember to disable the background process :) Deselect from Settings - Start Secunia on boot and Enable program monitoring

No need to keep it running imho. I run it about once a week to let it scan for software that might need patching.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.