Sector restore problem

Discussion in 'Paragon Drive Backup Product Line' started by cincinnatijack, Sep 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

I changed from B&R10 Professional to B&R10 Home but one of the old problems that I had remain in the new release.
    When I do a partition sector restore from a local hard drive, after the required system restart, the real time Progress window is displayed in very low resolution and with top half of the frame covered by flicking horizontal lines and very slow recovery process that last few hours instead of the normal 25 minutes recovery process.

Doing the partition recovery from external media (CD/DVD) is working just fine without any problems. This problem shows up only when doing a partition recovery from a local drive.

My system is W7 64Bit, Motherboard is BIOSTAR A760G M2+, Processor is AMD Phenom II X2 555, The video card is build into the motherboard.

2. cincinnatijack

cincinnatijack Registered Member

My problem was that I was trying to restore from a differential file and the restore program couldn't find the base file and I didn't understand that I have to select and open the two files.

I was using the cyclic backup with differential file type and up to 6 files, restoring from this setup is not simple.

From now on I am using the basic type backup making a full size sector image each time, it take much more space but I discovered that all my restores go back to not more that one week, so I can make a complete backup twice a week and keep 3 or 4 sets of basic files.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.