SecThought Trojan and another weird one

Discussion in 'malware problems & news' started by Lampshuk, May 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lampshuk

Lampshuk Guest

AVG 6.0 has found SECThought.F on my computer. I have seen the postings about eliminating Secthought from the restore directories and will follow up on them.

The main problem I have at the moment is the bizarre behaviour preventing me from logging on. In about 9 reboots out of 10 Windows fails to initialize correctly, either hanging while starting or showing the login screen but not allowing me to activate any of the logins. This does not sound like SecThought but is it some other virus? I have been running AVG 6.0, which is how I found SecThought. Funnily enough this restart problem only became evident after installing AVG.....

In the 1 out of 10 occasions when I can get in, everything works fine until I shut down or reboot.

2. snowbound

snowbound Retired Moderator

Hi Lampshuk :)

Welcome to Wilders.

If u can, follow these instructions,

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/showthread.php?t=15913

then post your log in the hijack cleaning forums with a full description of your problem and one of the experts will give u recommendations on any Malware found.

snowbound

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.